Tuesday; Wk 1!

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
Hola challengers!

Sorry it took me a bit to post, my mother is having surgery today so I've been a bit busy this morning.

Today is Tuesday Recipe share! I am obsessed with Pinterest and am so excited to share with you the recipes I have found and tried. The particualr recipe I'm sharing today you will see constantly in my diary, because thats how great it is!

So who here loves pancakes???? ME! :love: Who hates the calories and carbs packed within them???? ME!:cry:
So here is a recipe perfect for a post workout meal. This recipe is also very easily adjustable.

1/4-1/3 cup of low fat(or fat free) cottage cheese
1 scoop of protein powder (I use chocolate)
1 egg white
- - - - - - - - -
(optional ingredients I like to add sometimes)
*1 tbls peanut butter
*1 tbls ground flax seed

That's it! Pour into non stick pan and make like pancakes.
Makes 3 good sized pancakes!
Add some fruit, honey or sugar free syrup on top!
(I use strawberries and light agave nectar)

I would give nutritionals but it will all vary depending on the optional ingredients and what kind of protein powder you use.
My version with the flaxseed and peanut butter usually ends being under 350 calories.

I would love to hear any great recipes you may have if you'd like to share!
Hope you are all having a happy and healthy week so far!
:happy:

**Don't forget to drink lots of water!**

Replies

• Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Those of you in the UK may have been following the latest Hairy Bikers series - Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight. I made their Skinny Beef Lasagne tonight - 354 calories per portion - lovely stuff! Find it here :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/skinny_beef_lasagne_87277
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    My recipe share will be my lighter version of Pizza Burgers:

1 lb extra lean ground beef
    1 jar ragu homestyle pizza sauce
    Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Fat Free)
    Whole Wheat English Muffins

Brown the beef and then drain any grease (with the extra lean there usually isn't any but I still like to pat it down with paper towels). Add the pizza sauce and simmer until heated through. Take one english muffin and half it. Spoon a little of the mixture onto each half. Top each half with mozz. cheese and stick in oven on broil until cheese is melted. Each serving (2 halves) is around 250 calories depending on the brands you use. I usually serve with salad or low fat cottage cheese.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes of all time is a simple tuna w/ garden salad:

2.5 oz tuna
    1 tblsp rice vinegar
    1 tsp mayonaise
    1 tblsp lemon juice
    parlsley
    romaine lettuce
    tomatoes and cucumbers.

Sooooooo delicious!
  • LanglieLosesIt
    Options
    Here's a great dessert, and very quick to make.

Strawberry-Raspberry Sundae

1 cup strawberries, plus more for garnish
    1/2 cup raspberries, plus more for garnish
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    2 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt

Instructions
    Puree strawberries and raspberries with sugar and lemon juice in a blender. Serve over frozen yogurt and top with sliced strawberries and raspberries, if desired.
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    My latest favorite meal is something I pulled together from stuff in the fridge:

2 slices of ezekiel bread
    2 tbs hummus (the "classic" kind without the oil drizzle on top"
    a bunch of torn cilantro
    and a sprinkle of chipotle powder

Put the sammich together and I smoosh/toast it up on my countertop grill press thingy.
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    My most recent favorite is Avocado Pasta... If you love avocados as much as I do you will love this!

1 avocado
    handful of cilantro
    clove of garlic (I use minced garlic, it's just easier)
    1 TBSP of Lime (I use a little less because it can be very lime-y)

Mix all this in a food processor or blender.

Then cook any kind of pasta you like, I used wheat pasta macaroni shells, and cooked them.

Then mix all together while pasta is still warm, serve warm.

You can also add cherry tomatoes on top or anything that you like really.

The nutritional value will vary depending on the pasta and such, but mine was not quite 350 calories per serving! So yummy!

And on a side note, I drank my gallon of water today!
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    These all sound fantastic!

I have been wanting to try the pizza burgers as well,
    I'm not huge on red meat so I'm thinking I would give it a try with ground turkey?
    And on a side note, I drank my gallon of water today!

Great job girl!
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I'm eating low carb, but this super simple recipe would probably word for just about anyone, and it's delicious.

2 servings of silken tofu (~85g)
    1 packet any flavour Crystal Light Singles

Mix or whisk. Divide in two and share with a friend or save second half for tomorrow. Enjoy.
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My Tuesday recipe:

Made eggs yesterday that were yummy. I admit upfront, I eat the yolks! You can go egg whites only!

*2 large eggs
    *1/2 serving of preferred cheese (I use provolone or mozzarella)
    *1/2 cup or so fresh spinach or about 1/4 cup frozen spinach (thawed)
    *Dash of milk to make it a little fluffier

My version was about 190 calories.

The source I took the idea from used mushrooms also- I didn't have any on hand (mostly because I think they are gross.)
  • jhuver
    jhuver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things post work out is a smoothie I make. It's so yummy and only about 245 calories. It's a handful of baby spinach, 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, 1/2 cut fat free yogurt (plain), a medium banana, and 4-5 ice cubes. Then you blend :). I didn't think I would like it at first because I'm not a fan of spinach but I absolutely love it. I also turned my brother onto drinking it every day (he had the lap band and is trying to lose more since he actually gained weight) In fact my whole family loves this drink!
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    My tuesday recipe is what I made for dinner today! It's bit of a treat, but also low in calories! I love indulging in things you love but being able to make it for healthful to do so!
    Crispy Doritos crusted chicken!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/714061-crispy-doritos-crusted-chicken

You can do it with any kind of chip or similar thing that is YOUR guilty pleasure~! ;)
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I'm eating low carb, but this super simple recipe would probably word for just about anyone, and it's delicious.

2 servings of silken tofu (~85g)
    1 packet any flavour Crystal Light Singles

Mix or whisk. Divide in two and share with a friend or save second half for tomorrow. Enjoy.

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to edit my post. 85g is one serving of tofu. You need to double that to ~170g
  • Paddy25
    Paddy25 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey :) my recipe ist a pumpkin chicken salad. Coz you know ... Halloween 'n' stuff xD anyway ...

It serves 4. You need:
    800gr pumpkin (butternut)
    400gr of rocket salad
    2 chicken breasts
    200gr of wallnuts
    2 tsp of Honey
    2 red onions
    salt / pepper

and for the dressing
    4 tsp whole seed mustard
    2 tsp apple vinegar (white balsamic would work as well)
    1 to 2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
    3 tsp of Oliveoil

For the dressing you just mix all those ingredients together - i always use a shaker but you know, you can just mix it anyway you like it ... if it's too sweet or not sweet enough or you like more or less anything ... well just add it or leave it out xD that's just how I like it :)

For the actual salad you cut the pumpkin into pieces, place them on a tray, salt/pepper to your liking and bake it (or put it under the grill) till it's all soft. Then cut the skin off and the rest into nice chunks.
    Grill (or fry if you dont have a grill) the chicken breats and cut them into pieces. Use salt and pepper if you wish.
    Chop the onions into tiny cubes and fry them till they get slightly browned.
    Now, crush then nuts into little pieces and put them into a pan. Slowly fry them with no added fad. Keep an eye on them so they dont burn ... when they are nearly golden brown and done add the honey and stir it around for a while till the nuts are covered and a little caramalised.

Place the leaves on plates, divede the pumpin, then the chicken onto the rocket salad and add the wallnuts. (Season it if you want to) No sprinkle it all with the dressing ...

DONE - it's ddddddddddddddelicious <3
  • Paddy25
    Paddy25 Posts: 10
    Options
    by the way per serving this dish has

approx:
    700 kcal
    45gr carbs
    40gr fat
    22gr protein
    12gr cholestrol

I usually eat it for lunsh when i got a big weights workout coming up or when i got an all night shift at the restaurant and know i wont get any proper dinner - it is healthy and keeps me going for long so i dont get a binge attack when i get home at 2am xD
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is a little late, but here's one of my favourite recipes:

Black Bean and Corn Salad

3 Tbsp olive oil
    1/4 cup cilantro
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 1/2 tsp table salt
    5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    1 bell pepper
    2 small jalapeño peppers
    1/2 medium red onion
    1 large tomato
    1 can black beans
    1 can corn

Chop cilantro and mix with first 4 ingredients (olive oil, cumin, salt & lime juice). This constitutes the dressing. Chop the next 4 ingredients and add to dressing. Rinse and drain black beans and corn. Add beans and corn to the dressing and chopped vegetables. Enjoy

1/8 Serving
    160 Calories
    6.3 g Fat
    19.8 g Carbs
    5.5 g Fiber
    6.2 g Protein