Week 7 - Day 1 - (08.20)

Hello !!
so today I'm on week 6!! omg is the last week! ;)
not sure if I will be able to finish the 100 after this week, so I may be on week 6 for more than 1 or 2 weeks.

Oh and today my older brother (age31, I'm 25) wanted to try arm wrestling with me ... and guess what??? I won!!! hehehe he was so mad!! hehe I'm feeling great!

anyway today was : 25/30/20/15/40 and thats what I did... when I got to 35 on the last one I was dying already... god, this week gonna be hard!

later!

Replies

• bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Here goes for the newbie.......Week 1, Day 1.............wowser, this is hard.

Did the recommended which I think is 3/3/4/3/3...............it adds up to 17 in total anyhow. I downloaded the ipad app so that I have the 60 second timer right at hand. Can't wait to see my pipes after 6 weeks of this!!! lol

Donna
  • hey Donna!
    you are doing good!
    I started like that too 6 weeks ago. and now I can do 40 pushups none stop.. so dont worry about how you started cause you will love the end of it!!

see you around!
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Hello, Everyone!

It's wonderful to see more people being active! Welcome to Kreuzen and Bada-Bing (Donna) who have just joined our group, and Kelsley, who was MIA for a while, but is back!

A few thoughts:
    1. Don't hesitate to repeat a day or a week ... recognize that if you are struggling, it will only get harder. This isn't a race!
    2. Don't rush the program. The schedule was built with a plan and purpose. From where I'm sitting, the progression seems to make sense. And, it's not a race!
    3. Try to post in the newest topic ... unless you have already posted a workout in it, in which case you should probably start a new topic. If you go back to older topics, we might not see that you've written anything.

It's not easy, but won't it feel good to know you've completed this challenge??? I sooo look forward to being able to say I did 100 pushups in one session ... and I really look forward to saying that I did 100 consecutive pushups, without a break!

We can do it!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Here I am again...lol

Did today's pushups and the only thing that was easier is that I think I can get in position better. I am trying to do them properly but it is hard and I definitely am not dipping as much as I should. but hopefully, with time I will get better.

So..today...Week 1 Day Two

4 5 3 4 5 Total 21

Donna
  • KELSLEY123
    KELSLEY123 Posts: 28 Member
    Helllo, Everyone - Welcome newcomers!!!!
    I am the "in and out" person - know here as Kelsley (yes there was a typo but I can only change my user name once so I'm stuck with it .... it was supposed to be Kelsey.....what a hoot) .....

Bonnie keeps me going..... YOU ROCK!!!!!
    So, taking Bonnie's advice (which I really appreciate) I am just staying on course -
    So today was Week 4, Day 1 for me.

18/22/16/16/25 (or max) I shook and grumbled and groaned and forced 26 (well, maybe 25 and 3/4) - BARELY!!!!

EEgads! It was HARD - BUT I DID IT!!!! I think part of it was that I took a class at the gym yesterday and had to do 30 pushups there - so I didn't really get that "day of rest" in between which I think makes a difference!!!

Everyone is doing awesome!!!!

BTW, when I started with a personal trainer 3 years ago, he asked me to do push-ups in my first session. As I layed there face down on the floor he said "ok, UP!" ...... I layed there, he said "PUSH!......"UP!"........ "UP! UP, PUSH!" LOL! I said 'I AM PUSHING!!!" LOL!!! I could not do ONE PUSH-UP at that time. So sad, but I laid there laughing so hard! I've come a long way since then - I can even incline push ups (put your feet on a bench). And have done plyometric push ups (you actuallly push yourself off the floor - unbelievably difficult - I do not recommend trying this btw.

I will tell you what, there are men who cannot do the pushups that you ladies are doing and everyone is impressed to see women to push ups. It is a GREAT exercise!

Ok, I'll be quiet now........

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!