Gender Reveal Parties

Options
mainesm
mainesm Posts: 107 Member
I am currently 17wks 3 days pregnant. I have my anatomy/sonogram scheduled for Wednesday, September 12 and we are having a Housewarming/Gender Reveal Party on Sunday, September 16. I am praying and hoping that Baby Maines shows the goods.

Anyone here thrown a Gender Reveal Party OR couldn't determine the sex at their 20wk anatomy sonogram??

Replies

• x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Someone i know got them to not tell them but write the sex down on a piece of paper. They gave it to their mum who baked a cake with either blue or pink icing in the middle. They cut the cake infront of everyone at the party so they all found out together. I thought that was a lovely idea. Ive managed to find out the sex with two of mine (both girls). only my middle child kept it a surprise(also a girl). Hope u can find out, x
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    With my first child he didn't cooperate I was almost 7 mos before we could find out the umbilical cord sat between his legs so they couldn't tell and he wouldn't flip. With this one she laid with her back to us and we almost didn't find out, but the tech told me to lay on my side and the baby turned. You could try that if its not cooperating.
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just had mine, we went at 17 weeks and thank God baby showed the goods. The doctor told my step daughter who got a cake made, we had family over and the icing was pink! We loved sharing this moment with family.
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I am a planner and a worrier! I really hope our little ones shows the goods =) but if not we will have a wonderful Housewarming either way!!!

Congrats to everyone!!!