Daily Devotion Book

Options
ReneeJ814
ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
Hey everybody!

I hate to admit this, but since I started graduate school last year I haven't been faithful with reading my Bible. I miss it, but many times I feel overwhelmed when I try to pick up the Bible and read. So, I was thinking that a good daily devotion book would really help me out. Got any suggestions for a good one?

Replies

• deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't have a suggestion for that, but what I've been doing is going to an online site where you can listen to the Bible.

http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/audio/
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am currently using the "Today's Light Bible". It is a daily devotional Bible that takes you through the Bible in a year. What I love about this one (I have tried other reading plans) is that there is an introduction and then a closing thought each time. What's good about that? When you are in Leviticus or Numbers it is still applied to my life. I am currently in Habakkuk which is the farthest I have ever gotten in trying to read straight through the Bible.
  • berkshired
    berkshired Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about getting a "Daily Bread" devotional to start out. They are offered free from RBC Ministries and take only 1-2 minutes to get through. I think it is a good start to getting back in the habit of reading the bible without taking a lot of time. Most churches have ones you can pick up for free, or you can google "RBC Ministries" and request your own. :happy: