Give me some green! 8/22

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Get your greens! Now that can be any green: collard, mustard, turnip, kale, spinach, dandelion greens or escarole greens. I love Bok Choy! We have salad greens which is endless list!
They provide not only deliciousness but vitamins A, C, K, folic acid and calcium and magnesium. Also some fiber too! You get a ban for your buck too because you can eat a lot for not many calories.
YOU can steam, boil, stir-fry or eat raw! Some folks now grill certain greens and even make chips out of them! LOL! What will we think of next?!
Eat them and your body will thank you!

Which will you eat today???

Peace,
WW

Replies

• wilmanorris
    wilmanorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am having chicken with a mustard creme fraiche sauce and broccoli and peas for my diner tonight. Straight out of the garden as fresh as can be. Can't beat it.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I will have some spinach with my dinner nom nom nom, and maybe some broccoli... It's green, none that you mentioned but it's green :bigsmile:
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Kale! I'd like to try a touch of wheat grass in a protein smoothie. Anyone use wheat grass? I hear it's good stuff (nutrition wise). I imagine it probably tastes like...grass. :D

First I gotta find some. We don't have many stores around here. Anyone order online nutrition stuff?
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    sadly, no greens at dinner for me (working both jobs so dinner is packed, and with sitting in a hospital waiting room for the weekend, i didn't get to do my shopping). but at lunch: side salad with mixed greens, cukes, and green peppers. and sushi, with seaweed and wasabi (haha)
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Collards for me!
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ceasar salad for me for lunch minus the bacon and Parmesan cheese.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had broccoli for breakfast and a nice heaping of spinach on my Subway turkey sandwich. For dinner, I will have a salad to go with my dinner or more broccoli. Probably salad since it is getting on the bad side. I certainly do not want my hubby's money going in the trash. LOL Now that is a green I do not want to waste. He he he :tongue:
  • michelleraber
    Options
    I made collard greens with my lunch.....I try and eat them atleast once a week!!!! so yummy and packed full of godness for your body.
  • OnaTree
    OnaTree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gonna munch on some celery later today!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I had romaine lettuce today...but what made me think of this challenge was I had spinach like 3 times past couple days and Kale! I felt akin to POPEYE!!!!!!
  • Susankrodgers
    Options
    Spinach and avocado on my turkey flatbread sandwich!
  • Susankrodgers
    Options
    New to the group! really liked this idea!
  • BrieLP
    Options
    I will have some spinach with my dinner nom nom nom, and maybe some broccoli... It's green, none that you mentioned but it's green :bigsmile:

So last minute veggie change I did not eat spinach or broccoli for dinner. However, I had avocado and lettuce on my sandwich at lunch, and had zucchini for dinner... :)
  • BrieLP
    Options
    New to the group! really liked this idea!

Welcome!!!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Get your greens! Now that can be any green: collard, mustard, turnip, kale, spinach, dandelion greens or escarole greens. I love Bok Choy! We have salad greens which is endless list!
    They provide not only deliciousness but vitamins A, C, K, folic acid and calcium and magnesium. Also some fiber too! You get a ban for your buck too because you can eat a lot for not many calories.
    YOU can steam, boil, stir-fry or eat raw! Some folks now grill certain greens and even make chips out of them! LOL! What will we think of next?!
    Eat them and your body will thank you!

Which will you eat today???

Peace,
    WW

I DRANK my greens (kale) in a smoothie---yum!