Options
LuckyTerrier
LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
Hi Bees!

I've been unhappy with my weight for a while now and today I finally decided to get serious about losing weight. I just joined MFP and I am excited to get healthy, but also nervous about whether I'll be able to stay motivated and see long-term results.

Since Wedding Bee is such a supportive online community (I'm VAwife over there too), I've decided to join this group so we can help support each other in losing weight. I'd really appreciate it if I could become MFP friends with some of you bees because I really need someone to help keep me accountable. Also, if anyone has good tips for staying motivated and losing weight in general, I'd love to hear them

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Replies

• ericaavin
    Options
    Welcome! I only joined here about two and half weeks ago as well, and so far, I love it. I think the best trick is to meal plan! If you bring enough snacks (good options) that you know will keep you full throughout the day, you won't be caught needing to snack on something that is not as good for you. Also, you will have a better idea of how to pace yourself throughout the day. I really like MFP so far - good luck!!
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, plan ahead, and log everything! Every little bit counts, and those hidden and forgotten calories can add up quickly!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Vandessa
    Options
    Welcome welcome! I joined at the beginning of Aug and I love it!!! This is an amazing website. It makes logging everything so easy! And the support here is awesome too. We'll help keep you motivated, and inspired :)

Tips? Well, like the PP said, log everything!!! I thought i was eating pretty healthy until I started logging everything . I've learned SO much about the food i put into my body. Once you see what everything is worth, it becomes easier to say no to the bad stuff.

I use a mental trick too, when I look at a brownies, or ice cream.. i think "that's 2 work out's alone!" And suddenly it loses it's appeal. especially since I've been doing the 30 day shred. It's so awful now that I'll do anything to avoid sweets, cause the more sweets, the more days of Gillian kicking my *kitten*.
  • chachylove
    chachylove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi all bees out there, just sayin i looooooovvvve this site and weddingbee site. im getting married 2013 and im so obsessed with my wedding planing...super excited and just as exceited to lose weight. i ordered my dress online and of course it is about 1 -2 sizes too small....EEEKKKKKKK! anyhoo thats what skeeping me going. i am new here and i am hoping to get lots of motivation and im ready to dish it right back at yas. i think its so awesome how kind and welcoming everyone has been on this site. looking forward to being your friend...:P
  • TinaLosesIt
    Options
    Welcome!
    I joined a long time ago but I've just started really using MFP.
    Let's keep each other motivated!
    I'm SupermansSweetheart on WB :)