Cross Training

Options
:tongue: What cross training have you found to be most useful as a runner? I currently do spin class, yoga, weight training and swim. I still get running in 4 days a week. What is your schedule?

Replies

• Usa9872001
    Usa9872001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I enjoy spin, but I have honestly found the stair climber to give me a great cardio workout!!

I also strength train two days a week and run four days.
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    I lift weights (New Rules of Lifting for Women) 2-3x a week. I do yoga 1-2x a week, and I do a hiit or kickboxing workout 1-3x a week.

I run 4x a week.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    Weight training and hiking. Walking up and down hills at a clip, I believe, really accentuates my running. I'm using different muscles (way more glute action) and it keeps me outside in this beautiful weather.
  • ctheo
    ctheo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do (and teach) pole dancing for exercise. It is an amazingly challenging and fun way to build strength and lean muscle mass!
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Deep water running. Next to running it burns a lot of calories and is easy on the body.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I got a bike in July and started incorporated riding into the mix. I am training for a marathon so I run 5x a week. I tried doing Insanity for a while but it was just too much to handle. Biking is great - sometimes I use it as a recovery workout after a long run. Plus I just love doing it. I also strength train once a week and actually try swimming for exercise (not that very good! LOL) ... both are things I'm trying to do more of.