decision i cant make without help! plz help?

Options
angelraguel
angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
The main reason why im dieting is because I want to have a baby. I have PCOS and it makes things hard.

I have been trying for over 4 years now to get pregnant and been unsuccessful.

I went to a fertility clinic 3 years ago and they refused to help me inless I lost some weight, They were really unhelpful and this made things worse for me and I put on more weight.

I went back to the clinic this year 2 weeks into jan and again they told me they wont help until ive lost weight.
So this time because they have agreed to see my in July rather than just discharge me like they did all those years ago, I actually have a chance and have decided that this is the year I must lose this weight as I approach 30!
well this is now where lies my problem. So today I had some fantastic news which is I lost 3 1/2 ibs this week and have reached my target of 15 stone 7 ibs which is what the consultant wanted me at for when i return to start fertility treatment baring in mind i was 19 stone 4ibs in january just gone. just need to lose a few more ibs as I weigh with no clothes on and i get weighed with clothes on there hahaha.

As much as im really excited about starting my treatment in 1 week 3 days time I cant help but feel worried about the whole process. I looked at myself in the mirror today and even thouigh I am slimmer, I am still very very fat and I just have a horrible feeling that if i was to get preggy at this weight I think I would lose it and this is putting me off wanting to go for treatment now. I want to start but I think I should lose some more weight to give me and my baby the best start. Im so confused about what to do as ive wanted and waited 4 years for this day to happen and ive been feeling like a mess for the last week due to knowing that im still big. Not only that but i feel bad for my fiance as hes wanted this a long time too and i think hes rly upset by the fact im unsure whether or not to go for it. Think imma have to have a serious chat with the consultant on the 22 nd august as rly not sure what I want to do for the best for everyone and not just my feelings =[!

any ladies out there who have refused thier treatment to get slimmer and healthier for a baby to grow? or any ladies who decided to take treatment whilst still big? if so how did the pregnancy go and do you wish you had waited? Im scared if I refuse they may make me wait years again. so scared.

any help, ideas, support, advice?

Replies

• kphelps1123
    Options
    i have pcos. it didn't rear its ugly head until after i had my son. i then ballooned up to 248 pounds (i'm 5'3"). i then decided to lose weight and got down to 200 pounds and accidently naturally concieved my daughter, who is now 7 months old. i don't know how severe your pcos is, but losing the weight and taking metformin if you have the insulin resistence could do the trick for you. i don't want to say don't get the treatments, but if you do lose the weight, a lot of peole with pcos end up concieving naturally and have no complications. good luck on your journey with whatever you decide is best.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    o wow! your a very lucky lady to have your 2 babies with pcos! ive tried for so many years its unreal, i used to be lighter when i tried too as well so i dont beleive mine is all weight related but i do believe the weight is not helping. I defo think if i lose the weight i will still have to have the drug cos i just dont seem to ovulate but who knows maybe i will :D!
    i am really hoping to get to 200 ibs soon as that would be an amazing mile stone for me! I am currently taking metaformin but only 500mg a day. how much were you on out of interest? that would be great concieving naturally and i do hope that that could happen to me cos that wud just be amazing ! thank you for your comment kphelps much appreciated :)
  • Kristinam921
    Kristinam921 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to give props to you for your 58lb weight loss!! That is amazing!!! I understand how hard it is to lose the weight with PCOS and I just recently reached my 40lb mark! That is a wonderful accomplishment! Keep it up! On another note I would wait to lose some more if your concerned about your baby. Since women with PCOS have a higher miscarriage rate, I'd hate to see you go through the treatment conceive then lose the little angel. I myself and waiting before I go through fertility treatment. My husband and I were ttc for 3 years. Then I decided to lose weight and try it natural first then go to treatment. That's just my opinion though.
    13746657.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter