Cold Turkey

Options
ocean26
ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
So after a binge of probably 1200-1500 calories, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to stop these binges is to cold turkey cut out carbs (cereal, pretzels, bread) and diet soda because both are serious triggers for me. Has anyone here had experience with this?

Replies

• Nikid1926
    Nikid1926 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am not a big carb person but I find the same with chocolate. I a really bad with chocolate and I have to stay away from it as once I start there is no end it is like someone has opened the flood gates.
  • mizzleslie7
    Options
    When I cut out carbs completely I do lose weight fast but the problem is when I start eating carbs again I usually gain a 1lb or even 2!! Also when I dont eat carbs I get headaches. So I am trying to mantain a low carb diet.
  • Nikid1926
    Nikid1926 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am not a big carb eater but when I cut them totally out I get really bad headaches and am no good, try and just maintain them at a low level and see how you go.
  • christi921
    Options
    Yes! I craved sweets like crazy. I feel like when I am tired I crave them the most because my body wants a quick fix for energy, then after I binge on the sweets, I want salt. I recently learned that I am gluten sensitive, so I have been experimenting with low/no carb diet since may. Honestly I got to the point where I could not look at another egg, and I realized that I need to find a happy medium with my diet if I want to succeed at losing weight and make this my lifestyle and not a temporary thing. So I am aiming for eating 90% clean and if I do eat carbs, I try to make them an unprocessed source like rice or potatoes. Occasionally I will cheat or when I go out it is a little harder to maintain this and, of course I get sick from it, so I am learning the hard way it is just not worth the cheat! I count my breakfast (rice chex) towards my 10% and after dinner I will either have some ice cream or an italian ice. And I have to say that for the first time in my life I feel like my body is getting its energy from the right foods and my cravings are getting better. ice cream is still one of my triggers, so I have to be careful. You have to experiment and see what works best for your body.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Until Christmas, I will not be having: Ice Cream (though I will cheat with frozen yogurt because ice cream is my favorite thing...ever), soda/pop, and any candy that is not pure dark chocolate.

Also, I will be doing my best to make my 8 glasses of water a day, and to increase my vegetable intake!

I am hoping this helps me..