Just found out

Options
LindseyDD
LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
My hubby and I just found out on Thursday that we are expecting.

We are 4/5 weeks along and are very excited. We started trying about a month ago so I feel VERY fortunate since I know a lot of people who stuggle with concieving.

I have lost 110 pounds in the last year and a half and hope to maintain my lifestyle throughout this pregnancy. I have actually continued to lose weight even though I have scaled back on my exercise. I am looking to start lifting again on Tuesday (I have taken time off and have just been doing cardio since I found out).

I have my first appt this week and just pray we make it through our first trimester since I know we found out REALLY early and many women miscary before they even find out at 6-8 weeks.

Due April 2013

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It also didn't take us long, the second month off being off the pill! Good luck at your appointment, and great job at the weight loss. It's hard to see the scale go up, I feel like I'm not overdoing it and eating fairly decent and I've gained a lot. But I have to remember the baby is the most important! Welcome!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    That's awesome girl!! Congrats!! Not sure exactly how long it took us to get pregnant, probably 3 years but over the past year I lost 86 lbs then BAM I got preggo!! So your weight loss def could have been a contributing factor! Hope all goes well with you and baby!!
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I'm due in April as well.

I had just started MFP and lost almost 5 pounds when I found out I was pregnant. I put myself on maintenance and my goal is to not gain more than 30 pounds with this pregnancy. I gained over 50lbs with my last and I was so miserable.
  • america_c
    Options
    I'm due in April too. I feel weird saying that...I wasn't prego last week and now I am. Just found out this weekend :)
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm another April 2013 mom.

With my first, we got pregnant the second month I was off birth control. I'm a little older this time and it took 7 months. I didn't put much effort into "trying" either time though (not charting etc).

Just keep up with whatever exercise you were doing before you got pregnant (so long as you weren't taking jabs to the belly or anything LOL). And don't take "eating for 2" literally. I did that and it was a big mistake.