How often do you wash your hair?

Options
xMsAlly
xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
By the end of my workouts my scalp and new growth is pretty much drenched with sweat (I don't feel like I got a good workout otherwise!). How often are you all washing your hair?

Replies

• jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I still wash once a week. yeah mynew growth is also drenched in sweat but, i just wait till it dries then wrap it up. My hair doesn't look the fershest, but, it is what it is. I work 5 days a week, and would have time to workout, wash, condition and set my hair every couple of days. So its definaltey a sacrifice that I am making.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Once a week if I have my fro, once every two weeks if I am rocking twists.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I also wash and deep condition about once a week. It's not good for ANY hair type to use shampoo daily anyway.
  • Fighting4MyLife
    Options
    Daily
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Once a week if I have my fro, once every two weeks if I am rocking twists.
    Yes, def. I try to keep my twist in so every two weeks for me, and I occasionally wipe through it at night with a wet rag.
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mostly every night while in shower I let water run through my locs. Although that wouldn't be considered washing. Actually using shampoo...once a week.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I would say that hair washing really depends on how long it is (note: my hair is natural). After I did the Big Chop I would wash my hair daily (each time after I finished my workout). But now that it has gotten much longer i usually end up washing my hair once ever two weeks (dries out if I do it too often). I find my hair doesn't get nearly as wet anymore because I can tie it up in the back now.

:)
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    honestly, i try to wash x2 a week. i wash with shampoo once a week and conditioner midweek. sometimes when it's really dry, i sleep in a conditioner and wash it out in the morning. it's helps alot with the sweating from my workouts. i am now 12 weeks post, so i need to bantu it or do something to stop using so much heat.
  • shawashanah
    Options
    I work out 5x a week so I wash my hair at least 2x a week. I do a co-wash which is washing my hair with conditioner. I do regular regimen every 3 weeks.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I do a pre-poo--and co-wash at least twice a week--(doing deep cond challenge on a hair board) but trying for 3 times.
  • wtxhale
    wtxhale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I shampoo 2X's a week because I do Aqua Aerobics and I have to get the chlorine out. I work out 6X's a week. In my profile picture my hair is straight and yes I have a relaxer; however, since I have been working out and sweating I have been wearing my hair wavy.

First let me disclose that I am a licensed cosmetologist and licensed cosmetology instructor. Now the reason why I can do this with my hair is because I texturzie with relaxer. This loosens the curl and allows me more flexibility with my hair. I have advised and performed many of these texturziers for the women who wants the best of both worlds.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Was wondering the same exact thing, people say that washing hair alot can be drying but I also cant stand to leave that much sweat in my hair as I workout pretty much daily so I co-wash with conditioner every 2 or 3 days and I shampoo once every 3 weeks.
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Hair craves water and water is moisturizing so it cannot dry it out. What can dry it out is shampoo or not adding a moisturizer after washing. I too co-wash every 2-3 days and do a regular wash exactly every 3 weeks!
    Was wondering the same exact thing, people say that washing hair alot can be drying but I also cant stand to leave that much sweat in my hair as I workout pretty much daily so I co-wash with conditioner every 2 or 3 days and I shampoo once every 3 weeks.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I wash/condition once a week. I workout in the morning so my hair is in twists with a satin scarf. Fortunatley I dont sweat in my head.
  • dlashawn5
    dlashawn5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have shoulder length locks and I depending on how much I do during the week, I will rinse them in the shower and use a leave conditioner but I generally wash/condition and twist once every two or even three weeks.
  • RaeCampana
    RaeCampana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! First time posting in a group on MFP.

My hair is relaxed and I have a short layered bob haircut. I sweat a LOT when I workout, but I wash my hair no more than two times a week and sometimes I just rinse and use conditioner only. On days when I don't wash my hair after a workout, I put a little oil on it, brush a few times and wrap it. That seems to work well for me.
  • Mslajackson
    Mslajackson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-7 days a week & co~wash once to twice a week...it's not that much of a hassle because it's braided ect, so that helps