Let's Do This! ...How?

Options
Curious to know what your favorite diets and types of exercise are.
I am gluten free and try to eat no processed foods, preservatives, additives, artificial anything, etc.
I'm interested in learning about paleo, but not sure I could do it.
I've lost 40 lbs. on Weight Watchers but just got burnt out on the plan/website. I just started MFP a few days ago and love it so far...but as far as a diet plan, what to do? just count calories? I'm a little lost there.
And as far as exercise - I haven't been getting much for quite a while, maybe hearing what you all are doing will be motivation :D

I'm looking forward to this group - I didn't start it but there weren't any posts so I thought I'd start some conversation! Hopefully we can challenge each other to do awesome things!
~Meg

Replies

• future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just joined! I am trying to eat clean and have just started Brazil Butt Lift from Beach Body. It wont get me all the way to the holidays but it will be a great start.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Welcome guys, I started the group! There's info in the "Welcome-Introductions" post!

As far as diet goes, I try to avoid all dairy, red meat, pork and eggs. I'm working on staying away from processed foods totally. I'm actually going to start a 21 day detox soon that will transition me into an all Vegan diet towards the end of the detox.

If I'm not sick or my knee isn't giving me problems I try to workout at least 4-5 times a week.

As far as how . . . everyone pick out a beachbody program! IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE ONE, I'D LOVE TO BE YOUR COACH AND YOU PICK ONE UP THROUGH ME!!! I ALWAYS SEND MY CLIENTS THAT PICK UP CHALLENGE PACKS, SOME FREE GOODIES!!!!

Post on here regularly, what workout program your doing, friend one another if your comfortable with that, complete your dairies and make them viewable so we can hold you accountable!!! Post the workout you're doing and how you're feeling!!!

Any questions or concerns, let us know. The programs range from 6 weeks, 30, 60 and 90 day programs. Let us know where you are and when you graduate out of your program!!! Take before pics and measurements and weight!!!

IF YOU'RE SERIOUS AND READY FOR A CHANGE, LETS DO THIS!!!! NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!!! WE'RE HERE TO SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER!!!
  • christi921
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined MFP recently also. I am currently trying to eat clean/gluten free. I had foot surgery in May, so I am just now trying to start to get back into exercise. Some days it is hard for me to wear my sneakers for too long, so I have been walking barefoot at home with the Wii Walk it out and I just started Hip Hop Abs. I want to start Chalean also.
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OMG, Christi, I had surgery on both big toes 5 weeks ago...how 'funny'! It's not funny though - how have you gotten through it? for me it has not healed as quickly as i thought it would and has caused constant pain and all i've been able to do is hobble around - I've actually started to get really depressed in the last couple of weeks because i'm constantly in pain and i can barely walk and am not getting any exercise. they are healing very slowly, i don't know when i'll be really back on my feet.
    Kim, I'm not really familiar with beachbody - i'm not in really great shape so i would need something kinda down on my level to start - plus my feet are all jacked up at the moment...any suggestions?
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Hey Morninglory! I'm sorry you're not healing as fast as you'd like. I'd let yourself fully heal!!! You can always do upper body weights while you're sitting on the couch! If you can barely get around, I wouldn't force it. Just focus on eating right and trying new healthy recipes. Losing weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise, so don't feel bad, try not to get depressed. Put your energy into what you CAN do!!!