Bone Crusher!!!! Challenge 8/23

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
As women it is very important to improve our bone health...men should know this too to encourage their female family and friends to do the same...well if you are here on MFP you are on the right track!!! The challenge is to:

1-Go back to yesterdays challenge and read...how are you going to get more greens in your diet?! They are full of calcium besides the obvious in dairy.
2-Do any exercises that puts weight on your body....walking, running, jumping rope, skipping (yes skip with your kids), tennis, weight lifting...all promote bone strength.
3-Get your vitamin D...the best is the sun...maybe we all should have our Vit D level checked by our doctors since almost everyone is low now a days! But 10-15 min of sun will do you good!

For those of us who are older encourage the younger women to do these now before age 30 but of course it is never to late to start and promote bone health!!!!!!

GET MOVING!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've got this one! DId 30 minutes of interval walking/running this morning outside in the early morning sun. I had greek yogurt for breakfast and I'm planning on a salad for lunch!
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on it! I'll make today a strength training day at the gym :)
  • bebifal
    bebifal Posts: 98
    Options
    Newbie to the group here!!!! About to heat some puréed spinach, lifted weight and played squash this morning and went to an outdoor market. I can gladly sayive got today's challenge covered :-)
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hide greens in casseroles, pasta, to get them past my husband!!! Spinach in sandwiches instead of lettuce. I love sprouts so roll on sprout season!

Take my daughter's dog a lunch time walk.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am off to a good start. I ate cream of wheat made with 2% milk, I am about to take kids and dogs for a walk outside in the sun. I also had mac & cheese from a box but not sure how good that is for you. Okay, I know it is not good but hey it was made with milk. I ate celery, and orange bell pepper with it.

Get your D on everyone and may you have fun doing so.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    New B" I got up a hour early to do 30 mins of Zumba, will work on greens tonight..:smile:
  • lorih1973
    Options
    I live in Vegas...good on the sun (except yesterday) will work in the yard after work and plan to have a nice salad for lunch...this was way easier than the step up challenge the other day LOL
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am BIG proponent of fresh raw greens. At the farmer's market --you can get armfuls, kale,collards, etc-- 3 feet across!
    for only 2 bucks!

I was just ruminating on how I am getting my daily greens. I am for the rest of the month--making daily green smoothies.
    I juice raw kale--parsley--cukes, celery and a pear. Then I pour it in a blender with half a banana, 1/4 cup of strawberries, 4 T of honey, ice, and Silk Vanilla---and blend---I drink about 4 cups throughout the day.

My goal is to have the green juice---sans the blender stuff-- which makes it more yummy-but more caloric:grumble:

For today's challenge I will go on the stationary bike for 30min--60min
  • cjanerun67
    Options
    Did 45 minutes on the elitical machine and went to the grocery and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies! My daughter made some "trail mix" with grapes-green and black, watermelon and pineapple! Yum!
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well I got this challenge done. Green peppers in my homemade pasta sauce and had some in my wrap as well... walked for 20 minutes in the sunshine as i got off the bus a stop early.. :) Hip hop abs to complete your challenge. Thanks for keeping me motivated. I am loving checking to see what the next challenge will be..
  • MyHealthyTemple
    MyHealthyTemple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Had brocolli & peas for my last two evening meals and walk everyday, did over 10,000 steps yesterday - yeah!