Exercise in NI

Options
lrd2010
lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
We're so quiet this Northern Irish group!

I'll start the ball rolling, how are you doing with your exercise this month?
Have you found something you love yet?
Would love to chat to some people who are really getting into it these days :D

I've been learning to swim over the last few months, my boyfriend is teaching me to ride a bicycle and I've just started running - trying to build up to a 5k!! (Just about making 4 at the moment!)

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was following couch to 5k but around week 7 I stalled. I'm back running but just doing my own thing now (got a bit tired of the podcasts) hoping to sign up for my first 5k in a few weeks. Also doing zumba and swimming. Where abouts are u from?
  • lrd2010
    Options
    Hi Claire! I'm from Belfast.

Yeah I tried to get into couch to 5 k and then realised it was too hard to do on the treadmill, I just flap on the treadmill a bit now until I need to fall down :D

Would love to eventually be able to run for a full 5k though!! Where is the one you're thinking of doing?
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    There's a couple of parkruns which are every Saturday morning. The closest one to me is the waterworks off the antrim road. Do you know it? I walked it on Sunday there to see what it was like. I did it in 50 mins pushing my wee boy in his pram. I'm hoping to do a trial run tomorrow morning to see how I get on. According to the website results page the longest people are taking is 39 minutes. I think it will be a while before I can do it in that time. At the minute I can't even run the full 3 miles.

Treadmill and outside running are really different. I def enjoy outside more. Would you consider doing a parkrun?
  • lrd2010
    Options
    Oh yeah that's just up the road from me!

I have a while to go till I'm able to make 5km in one go still, but I definitely think I would like to try one of those one day! :D

Let me know what your time is! I'm still just about making 4km in 30 minutes before I want to fall down and expire :D
  • jessibaby
    Options
    Hi would love to have a diet buddy i'm Jessica from Lisburn
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Jessica - if you are new here then stick with the food diary. It will make a big difference and gets quite easy to complete once you have added all the regular meals.

ird2010 - give the parkrun a go - set yourself a personal best and watch it fall.
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There's a couple of parkruns which are every Saturday morning. The closest one to me is the waterworks off the antrim road. Do you know it? I walked it on Sunday there to see what it was like. I did it in 50 mins pushing my wee boy in his pram. I'm hoping to do a trial run tomorrow morning to see how I get on. According to the website results page the longest people are taking is 39 minutes. I think it will be a while before I can do it in that time. At the minute I can't even run the full 3 miles.

Treadmill and outside running are really different. I def enjoy outside more. Would you consider doing a parkrun?

CLaire - give the waterworks a go. you;ll be surprised how much quicker you will go on the day. Your PB will be YOUR PB and that's all that matters.