• ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just run :smile:

I know I know. :o
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    well if anyone wants to go running, hit me up and maybe we can figure something out
  • clemsonsaint
    Options
    I love running the Sawbranch trail. It is the best place to run in Summerville.
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    After sooooo much running in the Marine Corps I think the farthest Ive done since was 1 mile. I know its great for keeping off weight but I loathe it now a days. Thats not going to help me get ready for tough mudder in october. I keep lying to myself by saying "stay on the weights. The strength will get me through it." but I dont believe the strength will be enough alone.
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    well if anyone wants to go running, hit me up and maybe we can figure something out

Ill run with you if you're fairly slow lol.
  • josho655321
    Options

Ill run with you if you're fairly slow lol.

At this point, fairly slow is all I can hope to accomplish if i want to do more then a mile or two... but everyone's got to start some where.
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    What's your usual pace?
  • josho655321
    Options
    Well before I would maintain a 2 minute quarter mile for a few miles but since I haven't been running at all, I honestly have no idea. Maybe. 10-12 minute mile if im doing more then 2 miles. But I'm just guessing. What about you?
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love me some Wasabis.. Haha.. I'm from knightsville area, across from Corey woods. :)
    I try to stay clear of that way, because I almost always end up at wasabi's...

Now I'm craving sushi and bacon fried rice. Nom.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Don't do any running but I work in Summerville and go to the new ESAC in Knightsville at lunch time.
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    Well before I would maintain a 2 minute quarter mile for a few miles but since I haven't been running at all, I honestly have no idea. Maybe. 10-12 minute mile if im doing more then 2 miles. But I'm just guessing. What about you?

I have no idea, lol. I'll run tomorrow and get back to you.
  • josho655321
    Options

I have no idea, lol. I'll run tomorrow and get back to you.

lol alright, sounds fair but maybe i should do the same
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i had just started running last year. when summer hit, i started running on the treadmill at the gym. now that it's cooling down i am getting back outside. what a difference. now i have to start over again on building up. i just ran 1.75 yesterday in 22 mins. i am a real slow runner. i have short legs. i might do the sawbranch trail when it gets a little cooler. i am doing the race for a cure in oct. i had to head out this morning, because it sooo nice out. but, legs weren't running today. so did a 2 mile fast walk.
  • josho655321
    Options
    Treadmills make you think you can do two miles in the same time you would normally do a mile. Air is different inside and the controlled run changes your mentality.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Treadmills make you think you can do two miles in the same time you would normally do a mile. Air is different inside and the controlled run changes your mentality.

agree. i have asthma so running outside on really humid days are hard. plus treadmill it's a constant speed and incline. outside it changes with every step.
  • clemsonsaint
    Options
    It doesn't matter how fast or slow you run. The main thing is that you are out doing it. I find running at a 10 minute pace for four miles is quite enjoyable. Most people disagree with me, lol.
  • josho655321
    Options
    It doesn't matter how fast or slow you run. The main thing is that you are out doing it. I find running at a 10 minute pace for four miles is quite enjoyable. Most people disagree with me, lol.

That's a good pace for 4 miles
  • clemsonsaint
    Options
    I wish I could do an 8 minute pace for 4 miles but I am not 20 anymore, lol.
  • josho655321
    Options
    I was weak. Ended up at wasabi on Sunday