I'm a Newbie & Question @ Alcohol Drinks

Options
Hi NOVA peeps...new to this site and finding VERY useful! Just wanted to say hello...and ask a question.

My little sis is getting married in 2 weeks and the bachelorette party is this weekend. Since I will be the oldest there...besides Mom...my intention is NOT to get wasted drunk but have a couple of cocktails--esp. since we are starting from 5pm to ??? Any suggestions on lower carb drinks or any tips/tricks for a night out like this.

Thanks...if there are any Springfield/Alexandria people who wants a workout partner, I would love one!

Best,
Shanan

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke is my go to if I am doing liquor. Light beers aren't too bad and neither are skinny margaritas. If it is just for one night, don't worry too much about it. Just get in some extra time at the gym and drink plenty of water when you are at the bars.
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Vodka with club soda and a lime is not too bad! Have fun!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Light Beers aren't a bad thing. Michelob Ultra is very low in carbs and calories.

Also, I would get a good cardio workout in if you can before the wedding.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tequila is my go-to liquor. Carry around a packet of True Lime (found at Walmart) and a packet of Crystal Light Lemonade To-Go, add either water or preferably diet Lemon-Lime soda, and you got yourself a 0 carb margarita.