Pre-Challenge Brainstorming

spaceEF
spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
Spout out any ideas we might have for this challenge, or I can do it all on my own, either way this will happen for all of us!

New Year's Smokin' Hotties, here we come!

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    I need to do something to keep my motivated. I saw your group. I think a lot of the above is helpful. Weekly challenges, weekly weigh ins. It keeps people accountable.

I also think you should post something about the group in the Motivation and Support section so more people join.

I have been in a 5 month plateau and would really like to lose my last 40 lbs by 2/1 so getting close to that by New Years would be amazing!

I am Sara by the way!
  • I'm Lacey and being only 5' 2'', weight shows a lot more on me. My goal is to tone up and get to the weight my doctor said was healthy for my height.

I've been trying to exercise 4-5 days a week, but of course the motivation part of it is hard.
  • Hi I'm Say- yep thats my name LOL. I think weekly challenges would be great! Exercise and food challenges.
  • kelseysarah002
    kelseysarah002 Posts: 8 Member
    hey gals im in for something to keep me motivated and accountable. weekly challenges sound good to me! bring it on! :)
  • spaceEF
    I need to do something to keep my motivated. I saw your group. I think a lot of the above is helpful. Weekly challenges, weekly weigh ins. It keeps people accountable.

I also think you should post something about the group in the Motivation and Support section so more people join.

I have been in a 5 month plateau and would really like to lose my last 40 lbs by 2/1 so getting close to that by New Years would be amazing!

I am Sara by the way!

Great idea Sara! I posted our group in the message boards! Perhaps it will bring us even more supporters!

And okay, great, I will get started on planning out the group and some challenges, nothing makes you feel better than meeting a goal or beating some sort of objective!

And hopefully this challenge kick starts an attack on your plateau! Five months is a long time, so I hope we can get you back on it!
  • anzielinger
    anzielinger Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you for starting this group!! I love the idea of the C25K program and Jillian Michael's DVDs. I ran my first 5k in mid July but really haven't done much running since. But I'm open to other ideas too! I agree, weekly challenges would be a great idea.
  • spaceEF
    I'm Lacey and being only 5' 2'', weight shows a lot more on me. My goal is to tone up and get to the weight my doctor said was healthy for my height.

I've been trying to exercise 4-5 days a week, but of course the motivation part of it is hard.

Hi Lacey!

I'm right there with you, I want to exercise that many times a week, but just can't get myself there. Which makes me feel even worse about myself when I am not doing anything about it in the first place, ya know!? Hopefully making ourselves accountable helps! And I am nearing the top of my healthy weight range and I don't care to be on that side of the scale any more!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    I was just looking around for a new challenge. Was doing really great until summer came and it was time to start my garden. All my energy became focused on that and I dropped off the "Formal" exercise routine. I'm back up around 12 pounds so far and need to get serious again and just seem to do it. I'm going on a Caribbean cruise in December so I need to get back into shape.
    I was working on C2K, doing Zumba, Curves, hiking, elliptical, and some other exercise videos previously. Interested in weight/ strength training, also. Oh, and BodyRock TV! Loved it!
  • How about a water challenge.....water is very important when trying to lose weight...i know a lot of people that have a hard time drinking the required 8 cups of water per day. Just an idea.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    I think both water challenges and shooting for 4-5 times a week of exercise is great for challenge ideas. Previously, I think it's been helpful too do have food challenges- i.e. stay within your cals 6/7 days, meet your fiber goal 5/7 days, meet your protein goal 6/7.

Just ideas!
  • kelseysarah002
    kelseysarah002 Posts: 8 Member
    all great ideas! the water thing is a god idea i know i have a hard time enough water in a day too!
  • Count me in! I just started MFP and need to lose around 20 pounds to be at my healthy weight. Definitely up for participating in a challenge to keep things interesting!
  • JoyfulToday
    JoyfulToday Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, everyone, I'm Katie and I just joined :) I'm so happy I found a small group doing a Sept-Jan challenge! I don't have a ton to lose, but want to start exercising and eating well. Excited for the start tomorrow!

Lacy, I'm also 5'2 and my goal is about 110! I was at 127 and my doctor also suggested that I take a few pounds off. That was hard to hear but I did what he said and now I'm at 118. I know what you mean about weight really showing on a short person! Every pound really does count.
    I'm Lacey and being only 5' 2'', weight shows a lot more on me. My goal is to tone up and get to the weight my doctor said was healthy for my height.