6 minute exercising

Options
Lilylee757
Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
Is anyone else doing the 6 minute intervals of cardio as mentioned in the book? I have been doing 3 minutes reasonable pace walk, then 2 minutes very brisk walk and 1 minute full out run and then start again as mentioned in the CTL book. When logging my cardio I have been logging what the calories my treadmill tells me I burn. I have also now added inclines to both the walk and brisk walk then return the machine to level one for the run just to up the work out and increase the calorie burn. Just wondering how everyone else is working the cardio?

Replies

• funkzilla
    Options
    I am only on day two, but am just doing a full 30 minutes of cardio...water erobics, different exercise every few minutes
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Man I wish I could do water aerobics here... but there isnt anywhere with a simple class, only the local college and you have to enroll for a semester continuing education class and my work schedule doesn't allow for that :(
  • minusthemuffintop
    Options
    I just started week 5 so I am doing the 7 shredders now but in order to fight boredom and to increase metabolism in the PM, I do mine twice a day. Usually 24 min in the AM and the other 18 min at night. Then of course on MWF I am doing the shapers before walking.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing the six minute workouts. I am doing the Couch to 5K program along with 200 sit-ups, 100 pushups, 200 squats & 150 dips (info below). I really like them because they allow me to start off slow and work up at my own pace! In just a week and a half, I have come to enjoy my workout time! I NEVER would've thought that could be possible! IMHO, everyone needs to find what works for them. As long as you're moving & happy, keep at it!

Forgot to add the links:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com (links for pushups etc. are down of the left side of the page)
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What are you up to with the 200sit-ups 100 push up etc? I am lucky if I can get 25 push ups in and I am on week 6! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the workout. I am enjoying my time too as it is time for just me.