Thursday Wk1

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
Happy Thursday Challengers!

We're getting closer to the weekend!
Today's topic is having a reason to smile, a reason to be happy.
Thinking about and acknowledging the things that we are happy about help us to continue with the things we are trying to achieve with even better and happier attitudes!

I'm all about a PMA (positive mental attitude)

Today I am happy that my mama is on her way to a speedy recovery after her surgery!
She is a big part of why I am determined to lose this weight.

Whats making you smile today? :bigsmile:

Replies

• alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    The thing that is making me smile today is my hubby! He is such an amazing person and he makes me smile more than anything! He isn't into fitness or anything, but he has been such a big help with my goals. He pushes me when I ask to be pushed and is sensitive when I feel discouraged. I don't think I could make it through this journey without him. So yeah, he is definitely the reason for my smiles today! :)
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I try to find 3 positives in every situation and sometimes it is hard. I have been doing it for so long now, that usually the first thing out of my mouth is "well the positive is..." My 15yr old daughter is now doing it along with other members of my family.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I first started riding my bike a few weeks ago, I could not make it up a lot of the hills. On Tuesday of this week, I made it up McGovernville Rd hill and I am still smiling about that!

I still could NOT make it up North West End hill, but I'm actually glad to still have a goal to reach on my bike. I didn't want it to be too easy cos then I wouldn't be getting the good workout that I crave ^_^
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    I'm smiling because I resisted bad food choices TWICE today! Free pastries (favorites of mine) at work and a junkie dinner. Also, though it doesn't seem like much of a reason to smile, my little one is teething but the Tylenol will probably make him sleep the whole night through. AND even if he doesn't, my hubby is on night feeding duty tonight. Woo Hoo! I get to sleep!
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day... and I lost 2.6 lbs so that's definitely a reason to smile... And I killed it at the gym today! So I'm smiling because I made great progress today!
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Reasons to smile!

*A tiny loss on the scale is no longer discouraging! I only lost .5 this week, but I know that I will bounce back next week!
    *I added a 2 mile run to my day after Zumba- my friend who does this route always does push-ups at all the benches along the way while I ignore them because I find it hard to get going again once I stop, but tonight I stopped at each one and did tricep dips.
    *My husband is a doll and is stopping on his way home from guys night to get me some yummy Subway!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm still the same weight so that means I didn't put any on...that makes me happy : )
    I'm smiling because my grandkids are the light of my life... : )
    I'm smiling because life is good.... : )
  • LanglieLosesIt
    Options
    My first week back on the wagon and I lost 3 lbs! Woohoo!

As far as positivity, I like to remind myself that I'm only twenty years old, and that all the decisions I'm making now will count for my future health. I want to live long and in good health, so I need to start now!
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited that I have drank 8 glasses of water every day for the last 3 days. I've told my friends and family and they are actually quite astonished because anyone who knows me knows that all I drink is diet coke. I am a huge diet coke addict. But I have diligently tried to stick to the challenge set forth by our fearless leader and have actually found it isn't that terribly difficult to get them all in! So thanks mlashay for the kick I needed :drinker:
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i stepped on the scale today and it said that i've lost 2 more pounds! my scale isn't digital though so i will weigh myself again in a few days to see if my weight is still the same (or less:wink: ) but for now i will graciously accept these results:bigsmile:
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What made me happy? Well I met with a personal trainer at my gym and he could see in my attitude and actions that I'm determined to become healthier and also after going over my practice test for school I really believe I can pass it on Monday! Which means I'm a lot closer to graduating with my degree in teaching!
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am happy that I got off my lazy butt and when for an hour long walk even though I did not feel like going.
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am smiling today because even though I was tired and grumpy, I hauled myself out of bed at 5:45am and did a 9km walk before work, with a run (ok, jog maybe) of 1km, the farthest I have ever, ever, ever run all at once. Even the dog was smiling as we ran today.

Makes me smile again to remember it. :)