What is the WORST date you have ever been on?!

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
I dont think ive ever been on a bad date

Lol.

I would love to hear your stories tho!!

Replies

• Shaunky68
    Shaunky68 Posts: 28
    Options
    Only real bad date was years ago (pre-cell phone days). Went to a hockey game with a girl I was seeing for a few weeks, then to a pub for food and drinks and she left for what she said was just gonna be maybe 5 minutes to the bar next door to catch up with a girlfriend quickly and then be right back. She said I need not tag along because it would be as she said maybe 5 minutes or so. 5 minutes turned into about 45 and I soon discovered her at the next bar sitting with her supposed ex boyfriend. I found out that they never really broke up. They both basically ignored me as I calmly & politely asked her who she would be getting a ride home with. I'm a lover not a fighter so I wasn't about to cause a scene or fistfight. It wasn't worth the trouble anyway. But I don't really think it was a bad date because I learned from it and was the better man. It was cold and dishonest though of her.
  • danni033081
    danni033081 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe someone was that rude, I don't know how some people can do that.
  • danni033081
    danni033081 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've never had a bad date, always had fun, but never many second dates either.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Picture it...Get Picked up by a guy, you get in his huge Truck (good first sign right, NOT!) you casually talk and as you merge onto the freeway you notice him making a truck noise, like lilttle boys do when playing with their diecast tonkas, I sit there and try to persuade myself that he didnt just do -when all of a sudden-he does it again as he shifts, I ask, "are you nervous or something?' his response, "oh no, i do that whenever im driving, guess i do it so much i didnt even register that i did that outloud." I literally had a gut feeling that this date wasnt going to get any better and I'd rather be let off on the interstate and hitchhike back to my home. We pull up to dinner, the only thing nice about this story is the Mitchells Steakhouse that we dinned at, go in and thru the entire conversation he makes multiople points about how great HE is...direct quotes from dinner,

"Im succesful, established, and have good fashion sense, so I'm sure you're asking yourself, Why is this guy single?"

"These boots were $600, they are my everyday boots. You dont want to know what my fancy ones cost."

"Im a platinum guest here, the manager should be making his way to our table to check on us any minute now."

Needless to say, I had multiple "I dont know what to say to this" moments and had to divert to the setting in the restaraunt.

He asked to come up and watch the last half of the OSU football game in my apartment and I immediately said I was going to bed and had to be up early for work. Never returned a single call or text afterwords bc to someone that arrogant theyd never be able to understand why you dont want to be around them.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My ex husband texted me every five minutes on the date for me to go get our youngest because he was "too tired" to keep the baby. the guy I was out with ended the date early he was so annoyed.
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I finally agreed to go on a date with a single dad I met at my daughter's daycare. We had hung out with the girls plenty of times and I liked him enough to be my friend. On the first date we got drunk off of wine and talked about the kids the entire time so it wasn't really a date it was more of a grown up night out. The 2nd date we agreed not to talk about kids...which left us with nothing to talk about. He picked me up at 8pm we bar hopped to 3 different places because we were pretty out of place and we didn't have simular humor to make it fun for just us. Then I had him stop at Walmart to pick up something on my way home and I was home at 10:30. We didn't go out on any dates again after that.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    This is a doozy, my first blind date (this was about 2 years ago). I meet the guy at the restaurant and I could just see it in his expression that he wasn't interested as soon as the hostess brought me to the table, but I let it go thinking I might be wrong. He pushes out the chair next to him for me to sit in (does not stand up, nothing- now I know that's not the thing to do any more, but to me it's common courtesy to at least stand and shake hands with the person you're meeting.) As we're talking he tells me how he eats health and then proceeds to order a pasta dish with three different cheese sauces on it and chicken (that was the healthy part apparently.) So as we're talking he tells me that he's divorced because his ex slept with his best friend, that he had to file bankruptcy because of the divorce because the judge, in spite of the agreement to split things down the middle he and his ex had figured out, gave him all the debt and she got all the profit, so then he tells me that with all the stress of the divorce and the bankruptcy, he developed seizures and his doctor has him on the wrong dose of anti seizure meds, but he's not going to get the right dose because he doesn't like the doc but doesn't want to find a new one (I am totally floored!!) At the end of the evening, we're walking to the exit, he just gets up and walks in front of me, we get to the front and he says he's going to the restroom and walks away. The hostess and I are looking at each other open mouthed in shock, she was as stunned as I was that he would be so abrupt and rude. Checked with the guys I know and all of them said that even if they weren't interested they wouldn't treat a girl that way, they would be polite, not provide that much information, and would still treat her with respect (ie walking behind her to the exit, WALK HER TO HER CAR!!! (at the very least, if they had to go to the restroom, they would ask her to wait a moment so he could walk her to her car, if she said no, that was one thing, but they would never let a girl walk to her car by herself after dark)... I'm amazed I didn't become a nun after that
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I had a guy apologize to me about what he did to his English teacher in high school. I guess he felt he needed to live vicariously through me to get over the guilt as that's what I do for a living. Needless to say, it didn't go to well after that.
  • misskristy30
    Options
    It was a guy I met through online dating. Our first meeting/date. He was the messiest eater I've ever seen that wasn't a child, had napkins everywhere, chewed with his mouth open, etc. He was texting or something on his phone during dinner and I was the only one who attempted to make any conversation. Then he asked if I wanted to go see a movie after dinner and when I said no thanks was saying things like, "But I really like you" and texting me afterwards saying to give him a chance, etc. I was relieved when it was over!

These are fun to read!
  • Flamingalah
    Options
    I went on a first(and last) date with a guy I met online. He was a mechanic, and I was very excited to meet him ( I love manly men lol). Anyway, As soon as we met, I realised that this is one of the most feminine men I've ever met ugh! So, we had a couple of drinks and he proceeded to stand in the middle of the bar and lift up his shirt to show me some scarrs, and thats when I realise he wears his undies right up high showing the brand--One of my pet peeves. Then we had dinner (chinese- my favourite!). I hadnt eaten anything that day coz id been planning on having this great dinner. I ordered 3 courses, while this guy ordered just an entree of some sort of lettuce cups which he only ate like 1/4 of! So while hes watching me eat, & flat out STARING at me, hes saying "oh youre so beautiful" "am I making u uncomfortable" and then kept talking about the house he just bought which he cant afford all on his own ..bla bla bla...(think he was trying to hint something there). Anyway, after Id had my meals, we went to his car out front and hes asked me to come to his place to see his house--("oh nothing dodgy!") , he says. lol . I flat out said nope,, and this homeless person came up and asked my date for a smoke, and he said no. So Ive piped up and said "Sure, I'll roll u one!" and kept the guy chatting for a while as I had better convo with that guy than I did with my lame date. Oh well, at least lame-o paid for my chinese! suck that looser!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Worst date was more of just a boring date. Went to dinner, then out to catch some live music. Would have been cool if the girl would have talked and me not the only contributing party to the conversation. Oh well... Other then that I do not think I have ever had a bad date.
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The worst date I have ever been on was with a guy that took me to taco bell and leaned across the table in my face the whole time. He was literally like two inches away from my face. I really like my personal space especially on a first date when I am trying to get to know a person.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    All from a dating site written by the same people that wrote this site.

She turned up late
    She drove to the restaurant, but promptly drank a bottle of wine with dinner - to herself.
    Groped my leg all night, invited me back to hers, and when we got into the car park, promptly threw up by the side of the car ...
    Luckily, I had only had one glass, and drove myself (alone) home.

Next one.

20 minutes into our first coffee in a SB, she started telling me about her abusive husband and how she needed saving from him. So, I gave her some legal advice, and then she asked me if she could move in with me - ON THE FIRST DATE!!!
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Blind date, he made us order raw clams. I told him I don't like oysters, I'd probably not like them, then "blamed" me for ordering the clams. Said it 3 times. He sat to my right and spoke with his hands without putting his silverware down. At one point I ducked to avoid having my eyeballs taken out. He complained about being single, that he didn't do anything fun while single (which makes me want to get together with you, btw, insert sarcasm font). Made a racist comment, check please. And no, you cannot walk me to my car!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I've only been on one date.... if I even want to count it as one.
    Planned on going to a movie with this guy on our college campus..... we were going to meet 30 minutes before the movie since it was a popular one and seats would likely fill up quickly..... he didn't show up until 10 minutes after it started..... we were going to go to an activity on campus after it.... at some point then, he said he had to call a friend and that I should wait at the table we were at for him.... walked off.... and never came back. Got a text later that night about something pertaining to he ended up having to meet up with said friend due to some sort of run in with police or whatever. I didn't really believe him. Haven't seen or talked to him since.
  • rsummers2008
    rsummers2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My worst date was pretty recent.
    It was a guy that I knew through a friend. He's a big guy (muscles) and has a lot going for him, but he's just really insecure. The plan was to go to dinner and a movie. For starters, c'mon guys! Where's your originality!? Cliche. Whatever. So, I had to pick him up because he lost his car keys. I drove us to the restaurant and while walking there, he wants to hold my hand. Harmless, right? So I said okay even though it felt a little weird. Then, while at dinner, he keeps touching my face and telling me how beautiful I am...blah, blah, blah. He even invites me to this dinner with his future colleagues (he's going to school to be a doctor). I said yes, but mentally I was thinking how forward that was, and I myself am pretty forward! After dinner, he doesn't seem like he wants to go to a movie and insists on coming over to my place, "We don't have to do anything, we can just cuddle..." I said no to that one and instead decided that we could go up to Horsetooth (I live in Fort Collins, CO). Anyway, on the way there, he says that he needs to stop at the liquor store to buy some beer for his roommates and not only grabs that but also grabs one of those one-shooter vodka drinks. We get up to Horsetooth (where I am just trying to relax and take in the scenery), and he keeps trying to kiss me. It got to the point where he wasn't even asking! He just kept trying even though I had said no several times. Finally, I got so sick of him asking that I just let him. He ended up sucking on my tongue one of the times--it was disgusting. He peed in front of me too...needless to say, when he texted me the next day, I told him the f*** off.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The worst and shortest just happened to me last weekend... This is copied from my Facebook post.

Shortest blind date EVER!!! Not doing that again, thanks but no thanks!

Meet dude at a local bar. Dude orders me a drink but not himself.
    Me: Your not going to have something?
    Him: No I don't drink.
    Me: Any reason why?
    Him: It's against my religion.
    Me: OK then why did you want to meet in a bar?
    Him: Because I like to counsel the lost souls who come to them.
    Me: Do you have a degree is substance/alcohol abuse counseling?
    Him: No, God tells me what to say to them. I spread His word and ask them to convert to Christianity! You believe in God don't you?
    Me: Ok, nice meeting you, gotta go!

Didn't even get to have my drink, damn it! Guess it's margarita's at home tonight and hanging out with the dogs!

Then, 20 minutes later:
    OMG and he just texted me asking me why I walked out of the 'date' and do I think I am that much f***ing better than him. How dare I f***ing judge him after only meeting him for 5 min, you f***ing b****... BLOCK number... I must be a freak/creep/werido MAGNET!
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really a date. I asked a neighbor over to watch a movie. He leaned over and started kissing me half way through. I push him away and told him to leave. Next day he came over and said he was moving in when he came back from Iraq (he was in the army). I moved out of state before he came home.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Worst date I have ever been on. That is an easy one. Met a guy at a local Irish Pub. He showed up in his Grateful Dead shirt, stoned, and ordered every single appetizer on the menu. As he proceeded to dig in, he asked if he ever told me the story about his glass eye. I said no, so he then decided to clean it at the table....while he was eating. No, I didn't eat anything that night and I never saw him again.
  • JMStockman1979
    Options
    Oh, there are SO MANY to choose from! Most recent: Met a guy from online. Our conversations became earlier and earlier, and his patience for a reply to a text message became smaller and smaller. He said that he hadn't gotten his license renewed in time, so I had to drive. Okay, no problem, I guess. So I find him and he doesn't look like his profile pic, but I can tell it's him and that the pic was just an older one. Okay, I can handle that, I guess. In my car, he watched me plug in my iPod, turn it on, and turn the music up just enough to hear it a bit. What did he do? He took out his phone and started playing some other music OVER the music already playing! And he knew it was the type of music I don't care for, either. I reasoned that he was just over excited. We had agreed before that there would be no kissing; I'm gluten free and I found out once how sensitive I am to it when I had kissed a guy who had just drank some beer (yet another bad date). So we're walking and talking, he insists on trying to hold my hand. Okay, I can tolerate that for a little while. Then he physically turns me and tries to force me to kiss him. I turned my head really fast so he only kissed my cheek. He scoffed and said he wasn't going to swallow my whole head (a huge pet peeve of mine is when guys seem like they try to swallow my whole head when kissing). I repeated that we had agreed to no kissing because of my gluten issues, and regardless how either of us felt, I would not jeopardize my health over a stupid kiss with a guy I don't know. Again, I reasoned that he was just over excited. Then I find out that he's been living in a shelter. With bedbugs. He'd been in my car, and didn't tell me he had bedbugs (for the next several months, I checked my entire house and especially my son's back and chest for signs of infestation; luckily it never happened). He insisted that I take him to the public assistance office, then to his doctor's office, all so he could get papers to try and get a room in a residential hotel so he could move out of the shelter. So then we were talking in the car and I was getting more annoyed, and I just about lost it when he told me that he was still married to some chick in a different state and if he could find her, he'd have divorced her already. He knew from my profile that I don't go with married men. My philosophy is (and it is stated on my profile and I repeated it to him then and there) that it doesn't matter if you've been legally separated for 10 years or more; you're still legally married and if you're married, you legally belong to someone else and are not available to me.

So this guy lied on so many levels. He had no patience, no job, no car, no home, had bedbugs and was still married. And when I told him I would not be seeing him again, as he'd been pushing me to do, he asked why. I replied that I need a man who already has his life together. He tried being manipulative by telling me that he had hoped I would stand by him while he rebuilt his life.

Um.......NO.

The date before that had asked me what was wrong with my kid.

The date before that tried to pressure me into sex on the first date, smelled like urine, and had HORRIBLE table manners. On top of that, he was clingy when it came to watching the movie; my entire right side felt numb and squished beneath his considerable girth. And he sucked his teeth. The noise was so disruptive and inconsiderate. On top of that, he told me that he had been accused of molesting his niece a long time ago, but that he was innocent.

Um.......NO.

The guy before that accused me of sleeping with my son's father when I allowed my son to visit his father. How many times did I need to prove to him that I was faithful?! Add that to his other certain behaviors like talking to me like I'm stupid, belittling me, and such, and it did not go well.

Talk about a loser magnet. It's rare that anyone gets a second date out of me because they all turn out to be jerkwads. And quite quickly, too.

Because of this, I've kind of given up on the whole dating thing for now.