50 shades of gray and February due dates

Options
blink1021
blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
Please no one take this the wrong way my mother and I thought it was funny that is all. She had read that there is a baby boom with February due dates of women who have read the series. They say that the books have improved the sex lives of many couples and because of that February will have a lot more births. I thought this was an interesting theory. I myself have not read the books so I cannot comment on the content, but just curious for those who have and are due in February or after credit the book with their conception. The reason they chose February is that the release date was exactly nine months prior to February. They also say we will see the popularity in the names Anastasia and Chrisitian rise. Just thought it was a neat idea and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on it. I am a December due date myself so I cannot credit the book for this one. :)

Replies

• cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am more offended by the terrible writing and weak plot of the book than the cooncept of it. There is plenty of well written erotica out there. I also think it is sad that it takes a crappy book like 50 shades to get women more interested in their sex lives. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised by the birth surge.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the book, but my conception date is the same week that my fiance proposed mariage.... it was a really good week ;)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the book, didn't know the book existed until I started hearing a lot about it and then still didn't care to read the book. Hubby travels a bit for work which made it difficult to plan trying to get pregnant. I'm due in Feb and that's just how it worked out, after we seriously started trying between trips.
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I read the books. They weren't the greatist reads (took me forever to get through the last one) but they were pretty sexy. I don't have an Feb baby and I don't get any credit to the books for the baby coming.

I do like the name Christian for a boy and actually Elliot (another one of the characters). But, I had to immediately dismiss those names due to any association with 50 Shades. The book just bought those names to my attention. I wouldn't use them to honor the book at all.
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just started the series, but I'm already pregnant. I could see how the book could cause a baby boom. Very Sexy!!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am due Feb 14, but was pregnant before I read the books :-)
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I didn't think Fifty shades of gray was out in May? Oh well, I didn't read them either, maybe some day when I have more time. Although I have a feeling once the baby gets here, I won't have that much time!
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started reading 50 Shades May 10, according to my doc I conceived around Apr 30 (our anniversary) - May 2. So no 50 Shades of Grey baby here.

Although the weekend before I found out we were pregnant I posted something about this on my Facebook page. One of my GRANDMOTHER's friends thought I was announcing that I was pregnant, but didn't know who Grey was!!! WTF another reason why old people should not have Facebook or should just stay out of others people business... She told my grandma I was pregnant and I posted it on Facebook. I was livid! I had to explain to my grandma what the books were and what they were about... and I had to go back to her a few days later and tell her that I am pregnant but I didn't know it then. LOL

Also, I made my friend read the books after I read them... she is due in early March!!! We joke and call it baby Grey! bahahahaha
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I read the books at the end of April and beginning of May - I liked them, not the best read, but they kept my attention, not so much for the sex (it was okay), but for the relationship of the characters. It did not make us have more sex or anything, my husband actually poked fun at me for reading them! We conceived at the beginning of June - and I was reading all of Sarah Addison Allen's books at the time (not sex books). I will not be attributing my pregnancy or baby to Fifty Shades:)