Questions

Options
If you have any questions please either message me or ask them here and I'll try my best to answer them for you!

Replies

• Elena_K75
    Elena_K75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    my first question... i am sorry for my ignorance, but what is this insanity so many people talk abou?
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Its a DVD that is hard core. It really gets u moving.
  • Leslieheindel
    Leslieheindel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    are we going to be doing a check-in/ weigh-in?

NEVERMIND, just found that answer on another thread! :smile:
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wanna get instanity but it looks so so hard.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my daughter at college last month and I saw that she had purchased Insanity. I asked her if she would pop a DVD in just do I could see what it was really like. Instead, she had me to the fitness test and we laughed our heads off over it. I have watched the infromercial many many times and thought to myself "sure, I can handle that"......no way!! My daughter spoke to a fitness trainer and he advised her to be very careful with this program. He said that these infromercials make it look like a person at any fitness level can push play and go hard but that these types of programs (these 60/90 Day Transform Your Body kind of programs) are meant for people that are already at a certain fitness level. He advised her to go slow and wear very good workout shoes because all of the jumping in Insanity can cause damage to the ancles and knees....especially if you are not at a certain fitness level. I only made it through the first 3 excersizes on the fitness test.....of course, the giggling didn't help.

I had ordered Turbo Fire and for as many times as I had watched the infromercial it never said anything about being for a specific fitness level but in small print on documentation that comes with the program it tells you that the program is designed for people that are already at a certain fitness level....one of which I was not. I hate it when you watch these infromercials and they say that anyone can do it....that might be true after time but they should be honest up front and say "Look, if you are fat and out of shape, this may not be the best program for you to spend your money on....but if you still want to spend your money on it, know that it will take you some time to be able to follow along like the hard bodies in the infromercials...they didn't get like that in a week and neither will you. Be patient, take your time and eventually you will be able to do an entire workout and love it". See, what happens is because they make it seem like it is easy, you get discouraged when you get in the mail, all excited about jumping right in and you find you can't make it through the first 15 minutes!! Discouragement leads to additional failure which leads to more brownies, ice cream, nachos and baked potatoes loaded down with butter and sour cream! Trust me..I know...and that is why I, sadly enough, am still totting around this extra 40 pounds.

BUT with that said.....I do not regret buying Turbo Fire and I support any type of fitness program that helps people get healthy. We just need to be realistic and not try to go so beyond our current fitness levels that we get discouraged and quit. I am going to get my head out of the clouds and start my Turbo Fire over but this time I am going to start on the level I should have started on....the preparation schedule. Starting Monday the 27th.....it is going down!!!!
  • Elena_K75
    Elena_K75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you Rhenee for the thourough answer :) I will stick to Zumba :)
  • Davie_Hogan
    Options
    I've been looking at www.exrx.net. They have work-out plans and some diet/nutrition information.

Other than MFP, what web resources are you using to help you return to health?
  • Journey2Heaven
    Journey2Heaven Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So the official start date is coming upon us.....Are we to weigh in and if so, in what thread?