Just a few questions, please!

Options
Hello, everyone. I originally posted this in a thread in the general forum before I realized there was one specific to this plan.

Tomorrow is the day I plan to start the 7 day cycle. I did Dukan last year for about 9 months and lost a wonderful 35 pounds. Which I gained back this year due to complete boredom with the Dukan plan (I never want to see another galette again) and a lot of emotional eating (sooooo many life crises this year I could scream). But I HAVE to make a change, and get serious about this. In any case, here are my concerns and perhaps those of you who have had success with this plan could offer some insight.

Someone has to have figured out portions on the 7 Day Carb Cycle... It is not at all clear in the book. Are you supposed to have one serving of protein and one serving of carb at each of the three meals and two snacks on high carb days? One portion of fat at three meals on the low-carb days? I'm a bit confused and can't seem to find an answer to this. Also, what if you are hypoglycemic? If the last thing I eat is at 7pm and don't go to bed till 11pm, my head will be swimming and I run the risk of one whopping headache waking me in the middle of the night. Any thoughts? I've emailed these questions to Mr. Powell, but have yet to get a response.

Also, have any of you had success with this? It seems a reasonable way to go, not dissimilar to how I am supposed to "graze" to keep blood sugar under control. How about the shredder/shaper routine? Again, very reasonable approach (assuming I can stick with it and not procrastinate).

Thanks!

Replies

• softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just started a week ago and I am still learning. I can answer your question about the Hypoglycemic. I have been eating the 5 meals as he recommends and go to bed at 10 and I haven't been hungry this whole week. I was hungrier before this plan and having a snack every night.

I am really enjoying it so far but it does take some planning. I have the key pages in a binder for easy access I think this week I am going to prepare my items on Sunday so it will be easier all week.

If I can answer anything else please let me know and I will send you a friend request if you open your diary maybe we can help each other.
  • BradleyRClay
    Options
    Since June 26, I've lost 27 pounds....did slingshot two weeks ago, and just completed my first week back on 7 Day Carb Cycle...weigh in is on Tuesday, will let you know how much more Ive lost then. I think this is a great lifestyle change!

Good luck
  • willeeloman
    willeeloman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, Softballmom and Bradley. Congrats to you both! I'm still sorting my through the plan and this site. As soon as I figure out how to "share" stuff, I will.

My goal is to lose 40 pounds and get back in shape. I think I will adjust the days however, making Saturday my free day. Just makes sense given how things work in my life. One thing I will really miss is milk... almond milk just doesn't compare, especially in coffee.