Hi Ladies

Options
porffor
porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
After the lovely welcome I got when looking into 5x5 before, I am back!
You likely won't remember my 'quick' drop in, but I'd managed to join a gym that didn't have free weights - so was using machines.

Well, I'm off to join a different gym tomorrow and can't wait! Enjoyed my time (short) at my current gym and have the new gym fear factor in my head at the moment but it's going to fit what I want much better.

I've been lifting dumbbells as well as using pulleys and machines for the last few weeks. Seeing improvements so fingers x'd can see improvements in the free weights.

I have set myself a mini - goal to compete in a strength event on 2nd December, don't expect much just a good starting point goal. It's a single lift or you can do a 'total' of three lifts (squat, press and deadlift) so works well with 5x5 goals.

Body wise I'd like to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, but for now and the goal I think I'll have to tweak my calories up (again), I was eating 1200, but have gone up to 1590 and still maintaining my weight unless I eat really unclean and that goes after a few days. lol So, need to work out my cal's and get in that protein supplement. I've up'd my protein in what I eat, but it's still only around the 80g mark which isn't enough.

Look forward to being part of the group.

Replies

• iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and have fun working out! :flowerforyou:
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I remember your previous post(s) and am waiting to hear how things go for you! :) Glad you could change gyms to one that has free wts. (how odd not to).
  • porffor
    Options
    Thanks both. To be honest it's been pretty good to find my feet with dumbbells and machines again and feel more at home in a gym (after so long working out at home or on horseback). :)
    I've cancelled my direct debit, so am off to new gym in the morning for first workout and membership application - I viewed it yesterday.

Excited - have been doing a push, pull, legs workout with the intention on working on my strength.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I remember you, too. Welcome back and look forward to watching you post your progress. Strength competition sounds like fun. I don't think we have anything like that near me. It would be motivating to train for I think.
  • porffor
    Options
    Thanks ladies!