6 years out , never met my goal

Options
broyerkdb
broyerkdb Posts: 3 Member
:ohwell: I am 6 years post op. I had RNY at St. Francis Hospital in Trenton NJ. I had some issues when a staple lifted but other than that it went well. My initial weight loss was 100lbs, i have recently gone back up 249.6lbs. Have started tracking and dieting hard, and in 2 days i have dropped back down to 240.3lbs. i do belong to a support group but it doesnt have the tracking abilities this has so maybe we can all help each other!

Replies

• Mciak
    Mciak Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I am in the process of becoming approved for the RnY surgery in CT now. I will probably have surgery in mid October/early November. Glad you started this group! I know I'm not post-op yet but wanted to join now. I just started attending the local support group. It's very good, but I agree, it would be nice to have a message board here for extra support,throughout the week. Anyway, thank you for starting this and I will post things along the way that keep me inspired. If you have any,advice for a newbie who is a little nervous about all of this, that would be great!
  • weeshin1
    Options
    Hi i am 8 months pre op after having a gastric sleeve, it was the best thing i have ever done in my life!!!,.....today i am now weighing 10stone/140lb lighter.....i am 36 years old and can honestly say the last time i was this weight i must have been about 12 years old.....i still have around 1 1/2 -2 stone/21-28lb still to loose and my goal is to have this off by the time i go on holiday in October...so lets hope and pray!!!!!:wink:
  • jlzslp1
    jlzslp1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello! I am also in the process of approval for the RNY bypass surgery. I am unsure what requirements each program has, but my hospital is a Center of Excellence and requires multiple visits with team members prior to surgery. I have completed orientation, my initial NP, Social Worker, and RD visits, and have scheduled my initial support group, nutrition classes, and PT eval in the next few weeks, as well as a f/u with the Social worker and RD. RD said yesterday at my initial session that she has 4 requirements pre-surgery and after I take the classes on 9/6 I will have met 3/4! I am very excited and admittedly nervous, so thank you in advance for sharing your stories and thoughts!
  • maroon5197
    maroon5197 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 7mo post rny surgery and am down 95 lbs. My biggest fear is gaining the weight back.If you don't mind me asking how long after surgery did you start gaining again.
  • maroon5197
    maroon5197 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi..7 mo. out from RNY surgery and down 95lb. and I am feeling great. No more diabetes, no more high blood pressure & no more sleep apnea! My only advise is to establish a regular exercise routine and track everything you eat. This website was and still is the most valuable tool I have found to date. Best of luck and you have my support all the way!