i have a adiction to fast good

Options
hi all my name is cassie and i started this group and i have a fast food adicion and i need your help and support to help me grow past this i cant leave my street without seeing a fast food chain how do i stop myself lets all brain storm and come up with some great ideas:happy:

Replies

• shellygalliher
    Options
    I completely sympathize with you. I LOVE LOVE fast food. I have been bringing my lunches to work with me and I asked my boss if I can skip going to lunch and instead leave 1/2 hour early from work. That way, I am not driving around completely tempted by the drive throughs and he gets an extra 1/2 hour of work out of me. It wouldn't work at big companies, but it works with the small company I am at. But, today, I went to the fridge and someone ate ALL of my food. My veggie burger, my Lean Cuisine, everything! Now today I have to go out and get something for lunch. I started planning ahead for what I am going to get for lunch and it is really hard! Everything I want is sooooooo many calories! It sucks! LOL
  • myfitcassie
    Options
    that is wonderful that your boss helps you by allowing you to do that, I say instead of going to a fast food place if you are neer a grocery store you should do something in there i find grocery stores have healthier choices then grabbing a burger at mcdonalds
    hope that can help
  • beestev
    beestev Posts: 6
    Options
    I hear ya! All my meals at the moment are fast food. (I love fast food!). What's helping me is to be aware of what I am eating by doing the food tracker. I am especially shocked by the sodium. I have hypertension. Of course, I knew this intellectually, but to see it in red numbers at the end of the day is mind boggling. It makes me really want to get my kitchen in shape and make my own food. Not to mention, it's expensive. We can do it!
  • myfitcassie
    Options
    i believe with my busy schedule it is easier for me to just grab then cook so im trying to plan ahead have dinner all set to go and just have to pop it in oven anyone else have any ideas
  • beestev
    Options
    P.S. I also have over 100 pounds to lose and am over 60.
  • beestev
    Options
    I didn't mean to imply that you are over 60 - sorry! Some people use one of their days off to cook for t he week and freeze it so it can just be put in the oven. I personally like to use a crock pot so it cooks, not me, and its already and leftovers for the week for lunch.:smile:
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, i probably have an addiction. It was just so easy to stop everyday befor work and pick sometihing up for lunch later. On my days off i was so busy, it was easier, after running all my errands to stop somewhere, than coming home and cooking. It dident help that the Mcdonalds is right on the corner where I live, and i can see the arches from my back yard and SMELL it when the wind is blowing just the right way. Its a 4 minute walk from my door to thiers.
    Than i started doing the food tracker and realized this stuff is seriously KILLING ME. I also quit my job to be a stay at home mom for the summer untill school starts. and i started cooking again (turns out i love to cook)
    I still go to Mcdonalds sometimes as a treat for the kids. When i do go I will ONLY get the fish sandwich.
    I have to tell you i havent had a Mcdonalds burger in 2 months, last week i ordered a burger just because it had been so long. It tastes like i remember them, BUT I was sick for the rest of the night, and all the next day. Lesson learned.
  • phenixred
    Options
    CASSIE: One word. CROCKPOT. this thig is a LIFESAVER!! on the days i am very busy i just set it up and its ready at dinner. and you can cook SO MUCH in it!!
  • myfitcassie
    Options
    i have 197 lbs to loose we can do it
  • myfitcassie
    Options
    if you have any ideas for crock pots or recipes that you can share with us that would be great
  • myfitcassie
    Options
    hey i have question how do i get my tracker to show everyone how much i loose
  • phenixred
    Options
    Apple Cinniman pork roast. My husband hates pork, but he eats this and loves it.

INGREDIENTS:

4 pounds pork roast
    3 apples, chunked
    1 1/2 cup apple juice
    1/4 cup honey
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

DIRECTIONS:

Place pork roast into a crock pot surrounded with apples that have been cut into chunks.

Mix apple juice, honey, cinnamon and ground cloves (all measurements are certainly open for adjustment based on your family's personal tastes).

Pour over pork roast and apples. Cook on High for 1 hour, reduce heat to low for 8-10 hours. The aroma is heavenly and the "baked" apples are an extra treat when served with the tender pork.
  • phenixred
    Options
    Really you can put ANYTHING in the crock pot. I do corn beef and potatos. Pork roast, beef Roast. what ever. If you have a Walmart near you they sell the pork and beef roast with the potatos and veggies al package and ready to cook. its VERY convient, and not badly priced.It will feed a family of 4, but I do suggest adding more veggies though they seem to little for a family of 4. I just add more Carrots and everyone's happy. They come with a seasoning packet, but you dont have to use it, you can use what ever you like.

Here is a blog that has a years worth of slow cooking, PLUS how to make shrinky dinks in the crock pot
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html
  • shellygalliher
    Options
    I went to Popeyes yesterday because I didn't bring my lunch to work. Before I went I came to MFP and figured the calories for what I normally eat from there. 2 pc spicy chicken, biscuit, mashed potatoes, honey packet, and sweet tea. It came to a whopping 1,273 calories!!!!! I went a different way....3 naked chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, green beans, baguette, honey packet and unsweetened tea w/Sweet N Low...total (drum roll please) 453 calories!! Now, I have to say that quite better. I still had the mashed potatoes and my tea was sweet and I didn't ruin my diet at all.

If you do give in to the fast food, make sure you plan it out and don't just stop through the drive through without knowing the facts about what you are eating.