Walking right

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
It breaks my heart how other people view christians, like we are judgemental and think we are better than everyone else. It is always someone that gives a bad name to something that is good. In lieu of the topic I love the song "jesus friend of sinners" by casting crowns. It really does speak to me. Has anyone else heard this song?

Replies

• bigsis91
    bigsis91 Posts: 35
    Options
    I just listened to the song you suggested, "Jesus Friend of Sinner" by Casting Crowns. Newsboys "One Shot" is also a good song because it talks about how we only have one life to live for Jesus. In my Reflecting God devotional book that I get from my church it was saying that holiness was not a checklist of do's and dont's by which to justify myself and judge others. Paul said it this way (also in devotional), "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me." (Galatians 2:20a). It was saying that Jesus sets you free so that rules and laws don't determine our attitudes (Don't get me wrong,you still need to follow those laws none the less, but you are following Jesus more than you are those laws...doing the laws because Jesus said so not the government). The key verse for this lesson was Galatians 4:31, "Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman." They were comparing the child born Abraham by Hagar (of the flesh) to that born him by Sarah (of the spirit/by promise). The complete scripture passage for today was Galatians 4:21-31. Another verse was Galatians 5:1a, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." There are many verses in the bible against being judgemental, if we are judgemental we bring judgement down on our own heads because as Christians we are sinners saved by grace.