Birthday

Options
Meghan0116
Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
Sorry in advance for a pity party post.

Friday is my 32nd birthday. I was really hopeful that I would at least be dating someone when it came around. But no, seems that Mike has poofed. That is okay because I wasn't having terribly strong feelings for him anyway. I liked him and enjoyed his company but that was it.

I am feeling a bit puny because I will be going out with two couples on Friday. I will be the fifth wheel and that sucks. While I am going to work diligently not to let it affect me, I know it will a bit. I am sure that we will have a good time and I am going to get all sexyfied before we go out. lol

I guess I am just a little bummed that there will be no special guy there with me. Anywho, here is my pity party post. lol Thanks for reading.

Replies

• lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I hope you have a great time and it doesn't bother you too much. It's usually the holidays that bother me the most being alone. Never been a big fan of my birthday. 17 days till my birthday and I'll also be single.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    It's your birthday. Party like Charlie Sheen and forget the rest.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday... I'm sure the other two couples are good friends who really care about you but is there any way you can switch up your birthday plans so you're doing someting that's won't feel so "5th wheel-ish?" Like a girls night, or movie night? Or do you think by then it won't bother you any more?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday (a little early). I hope these are friends that don't make you feel 5th wheelish since it is your birthday you should be the center of attention. Go have fun and try not to dwell on it.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard. I spent turning 40, 41, 42 & 43 alone. Not dating anyone - nothing. Trust me you will be just fine. I'm always the 3rd wheel with my best friend and her BF. They don't make me feel uncomfortable - I hope your friends are the same way.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday. Party like Charlie Sheen and forget the rest.

I have to agree with this. You will be able to flirt with anyone you like, get free drinks from anyone you like all because it's your Birthday!
    Act like an *kitten* if you prefer, you have more than one person to carry your butt back to the car and take you home and tuck you into bed. I see no problems there....

I do however understand your frustrations....on my 30th birthday, I thought it would be nice to have the bf stay with me and my friends, but told him it would be ok if he left....he was an *kitten* and acted like a child the entire night, I wish he would have left. If that's any consolation....and now we are no longer together. lol.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, mine was the 17th! But I spent the entire day flying home thanks to 7 hours of flight delays so I actually spent most of the time complaining about that instead. I really wanted to break out my inner Charlie Sheen and snort coke off a hooker but apparently that sort of behavior is looked down upon at BWI and on Southwest planes.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    You're allowed to have a minute for a pity party. It's totally normal.

Now focus on all the awesome parts! It's YOUR BIRTHDAY! Get a tiara and a sash and scream it at everyone so they buy you drinks. Dance, laugh, indulge, smile, makeout with a stranger and chuckle about it the next day when you realize you couldn't pick that person out of a lineup.

Hope you have fun!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    First off, Happy Birthday!

I'm going to look at this in a more broader sense than the one day that is your birthday. I'm looking at this in the sense of a broad social picture.

Who should single peeps hang out with: other singles (including those in relationships of 6 months or less) or established couples?

It is easier to hang out with those in a similar life path to yours. But at the same time, I think it is important to hang out with couples, because the basis of society is still the couple. The established couple has a better social circle, which in theory should help your friend of friend network, which I think is the best way to find a new relationship for a single peep. And by friend of friend, I'm referring to the situation that you meet someone through a mutual friend or the whole 2, 3, 6 degrees of separation kind of thing, rather than a cold intro via online dating, a Meetup, a random night at a bar, etc.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Aw, girlie, I wish I could get away from work to get out there with you Friday night...I do understand completely. I'm 36 and have NEVER had a boyfriend on any birthday ever. Every year it gets a little harder but you'll be surrounded by friends and having fun so CHIN UP!

Maybe we can plan something after my job settles down :bigsmile: My boss would freak if I took any more time off and I've already asked for a Friday in 3 weeks because of my alumni tickets and a promise to my stepdad for Father's Day!!! Here's to parties of the future :drinker:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly okay to have a quick pity party, but I bet you'll have a great birthday! Go out to celebrate you! Invite some more friends along too?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm not really sure why you're letting a man define your birthday, but whatevs...... you might meet the love of your life that night when you're out partying with your couple friends :bigsmile:

Think positive Megs, nothing happens before it's time :flowerforyou:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I know the feeling, mine was the 17th! But I spent the entire day flying home thanks to 7 hours of flight delays so I actually spent most of the time complaining about that instead. I really wanted to break out my inner Charlie Sheen and snort coke off a hooker but apparently that sort of behavior is looked down upon at BWI and on Southwest planes.

Wow, Southwest's stance on hookers and blow is absolutely appalling!!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm not really sure why you're letting a man define your birthday, but whatevs...... you might meet the love of your life that night when you're out partying with your couple friends :bigsmile:

Thank you!

I think it is more about going out with two couples. But yeah, I am a little lonely so I was kind of hopeful. I am just going to get all dressed up and sexy and have a great time.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    You're allowed to have a minute for a pity party. It's totally normal.

Now focus on all the awesome parts! It's YOUR BIRTHDAY! Get a tiara and a sash and scream it at everyone so they buy you drinks. Dance, laugh, indulge, smile, makeout with a stranger and chuckle about it the next day when you realize you couldn't pick that person out of a lineup.

Hope you have fun!

^^^^ Never thought I would say this but I agree with Kit..... HAve a blast get tore up ..eat whatever you want and flirt like the world ends the next day.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday... I'm sure the other two couples are good friends who really care about you but is there any way you can switch up your birthday plans so you're doing someting that's won't feel so "5th wheel-ish?" Like a girls night, or movie night? Or do you think by then it won't bother you any more?

Agree with this.

I hate being a third or fifth wheel. I would rather just stay home.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I think it is more about going out with two couples. But yeah, I am a little lonely so I was kind of hopeful. I am just going to get all dressed up and sexy and have a great time.

Well, if it wasnt for my couple friends I'd never go out, so I dont let that fifth wheel thing bother me :bigsmile: You will have a great time you sexy beast!! I can see a handsome stranger in your future :flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday sexy gal!!!! Pity parties are fortunately welcomed here. Hugs!!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Awww! Megs!! I am sorry first off that I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday! I hope it was great and that you enjoyed the time out with friends. I don't have any friends that would celebrate my birthday with me .. lol .. so at least you have that!!! And you have your wonderful boy! And you have a job you love! You will find your prince, I promise. You are too beautiful and smart and sweet not to. Don't worry my friend.