Starrrjo's Log

Options
starrrjo
starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
Hello

I am accepting the 30lb by Christmas challenge and would also like to challenge anybody else to this too. I have 62lb to lose in total so if I achieve this challenge by then, I will be well on my way to where I want to be.

I would like to start by telling you a little bit about me:

My name is Jo and I am 24 from Coventry in England.
I am 5 ft tall and currently weigh 173lb. My ideal weight is 112 so that is where I want to be.

I have been using MFP for exactly 18 days and I have already lost 8lb so I am very pleased with this. From today there is just 120 days until christmas (yes I did just sit and work that out lol) so I best get cracking.

I need to lose an average of 1.75lb a week.

Wish me luck!!

Replies

• devo182
    devo182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome Star! Glad you're aboard. Read the info post if you haven't already and good luck losing!
  • starrrjo
    Options
    My email address is samanthafensome@hotmail.co.uk
  • starrrjo
    Options
    Well, I am off to a good start. I have lost 1 lb.

My weight loss has kind of slowed down recenlty but that might be because it was so rapid when I first started. My clothes are a lot looser and I have more energy all the time leading to me getting up earlier on my days off. If I feel this excellent after 9lb....how am I going to feel when I have lost 30??

Cant wait x x
  • devo182
    Options
    Good to hear Star! I'm just curious if you're looking to do daily/bi-daily logs or just frequent updates? Either one is fine, I just need to know, so we can all tell if you're sticking with it or not and hold you accountable.
  • starrrjo
    Options
    5 days in and I have lost 3 lb :)
    I have to admit, every day I am surprising myself.
    I get up as early as I can manage every day and do at least 40 minutes of walking. I ride my bike to work and try my hardest not to get off.
    I am loving this healthier life...and cant wait to see me at the finish line!!
  • starrrjo
    Options
    Ok so Ive been really poorly for the past couple of days.

My appetite is non-exsistant so I have literally been forcing myself to eat. I hope this doesnt effect my weight loss :( You might think not eating is a good thing whilst dieting...Nope! Your body reserves all the fat and goes into starvation mode which is very hard to over come x
    Current weight 170.
  • devo182
    Options
    I may be misremembering, but I believe if you are eating a bit less than you should, you should eat higher fat foods, so your body will burn it for energy, rather than your muscle mass or go into starvation mode. Hopefully your appetite goes back to normal though!