Weekeeeend

Options
oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
How was everyone's weekend? I'm catching up on all the Single Peeps thread topics while I wait for directions for sheltering.

Saturday I drove to New Orleans with some girlfriends for lunch, shopping, and booze. I got a couple pairs of Aviators, a new sexy dress, and a new "daily" necklace. Got back around 7pm and had dinner and beer with Steve. Yesterday he and I ran errands gathering supplies for Isaac.

This week should be interesting with forced sheltering. For food I have peanut butter, tuna, crackers, protein powder, lots of water, and blender bottles. :laugh: Maybe I'll shed a few pounds while I'm sheltering!

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ooooh lala, a sexy dress!
    This weekend, I relaxed. I finished my semester on Wednesday, and finally had down time. So, I did absolutely nothing. Bliss!

Keep yourself safe!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Keep us updated about Isaac. I will be thinking about you.

I didn't do much. Seems I have been dropped by Mike. Earlier last week we made plans for Sunday and then nothing. Meh.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It felt wonderful to veg this weekend. Friday night and Saturday were spent vegging...something I desperately needed after house-sitting for 2 weeks. I missed my own house and my own bed and my own dog. I caught up on recorded shows and ignored the mess that became my room.

After church Sunday I went to my BF's, who got back early that morning from Maine. It was firework-like. :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Awesome weekend! I went on my date with "the cowboy" (as he will forever be known):love: and I was very impressed, he asked for another date, and I believe it will happen. We have kids on the same weekends so it will be at least 2 weeks (depending on how busy they are with harvest) but it will be worth the wait (I think).:tongue:

Otherwise had an awesome time with my girlfriends and got my yard mowed! :flowerforyou:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nothing exciting. Worked, walk/jogged 3 miles, went to the gym to lift things up and put them back down. My REAL weekend starts in 5 mins. I'll be off work until Thursday. Nothing planned though :frown:

for those in the "Issac" area, stay safe!
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Not much of anything.

Friday I vegged, went to bed early.

Sat it was raining from morning through the night so I stayed in and cleaned my carpets. (FWIW kids are GREAT at spilling and making stains). i also watched the redskins whoop up on the colts. Go RGIII !!!

Sun I did lots of yardwork, drank a few, then watched The Avengers last night, which was awesome!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Learned how to ride a motorcycle.

Ashley, hope you come through the storm safely!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Friday I went and played beer bingo at a bar. It was a blast. Bingo as a drinking game with about 20 people. After bingo was done we ventured into the other parts of the bar and played some skee ball. I didn't drink too much as I had to drive home and work the next day.

Saturday I was woken up at 3:15 am as one of my fire alarm batteries decided to die and it started chirping. Couldn't fully get back to bed so went to work and worked 6:30am to 10:30. After that went and played football. The team we were playing against was a bunch of a-holes trying to get the refs to call penalites on us every play. One of our girls hands got caught in the flag belt and got dragged for about 10 seconds and they tried to get her called for a holding penality.
    After football I went home and tried to get a nap before the party that night.

Saturday night went to my friends's party with about 100 of their closest friends. Actually people were showing up that they didn't even know. While there I was actually shocked as one of my newer friends in the group has kind of decided to take me under her wing you could say. She was introducing me around to some of the people that I didn't know and then afterwards she told me that her plan was to introduce me to all her single guy friends that run. I have never had a girl friend like that before that would actually introduce me to guys that thought I would be interested in. She was excited when she noticed that through out the night she would see some of us talking again. I am kind of a social butterfly around the parties though and talk to anyone and everyone that I know, some people I talk to a little longer then other people. She did introduce me to a guy that actually grew up about an hour away from me. It was an interesting night and I am thankful I did not get drunk and was sober by the time I left around 3am so I could drive home and not have to crash there.

Sunday I had an early (1pm) softball game against one of the other teams in our group. We lost but I was awesome. One of the girls re-popped her achilies tendon so I ended up batting twice in the line up. I went 3-5 with a double, 2 singles, a walk and strike out. If our pitching had been with it we could have won, we gave up way to many walks. After the game went had lunch with some people and came back and watched some of our other teams play. I am so sore and I think it is from sitting on the bleachers for about 3 hours. I didn't get home until after 7 when I took a shower and colapsed on the couch.

Tonight I really really really need to do laundry since I have been so busy the last two weekends.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Is that a nighthawk? I learned on one of those. Good times.

I met a chick at my motorcycle maintenance class a couple of weeks ago and ended up grabbing lunch with her afterwards. This weekend, we went for a long ride up through the redwoods and along the coast. Stopped to check out a lighthouse, some antique stores, cafe, and an awesome bakery that makes fresh bread with garlic and artichoke hearts in the middle. I had an awesome time and it feels pretty good to meet someone the old fashion way, as online dating has been a massive failure for me. :)

Alright, back to sifting through Outlook...
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Well after 2 weeks of not seeing the non-boyfriend boyfriend he missed me and told me so. We talked. He decided to tell his parents about our semi-large age difference and guess what - they told him exactly what I thought they would. If he's happy then be happy. I'm a little worried about falling so hard for a guy who is worried about what his parents think. So we shall see what happens. I'm taking it day by day. Well that's my plan. I really love this guy. So I saw him after he got off work Friday night and Saturday he came over for dinner. As always got along perfectly.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Weekend was crazy busy. 1st date Saturday night that went great, and we are planning on seeing each other again. I was supposed to have a date tonight, but the guy has been texting me, but not mentioning the date, so I am not brining it up because I am not really "feeling it" with him. Tomorrow I have another date that I am really looking forward to. I started back at school today as well--just one class - chemistry-blah!

Those in the path of Isaac--stay safe!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with Isaac we are still getting alot of the wind and rain down here from him...

Friday ran around putting gas and getting supplies for Isaac. Then watched TV lol exciting..

Saturday was the Kings of south Florida tour at Culture room and man that show was amazing. No puny little storm was gonna stop it. I took a ton of pics of the boys got quite a few amazing shots. The boys killed up on stage theres nothing like the energy at a rock show. Then Mr. Nice Guy ,my sister , my best friend and I all went back to Daybreak embraces singers house with 2 of the bands and hung at the after party til 5 am. Them we treked home through the start of the storm. Got in bed at like 630 lol

Sunday Isaac bared its teeth and we in south florida we not impressed. Dropped my sister and my roommate off at work . Then MR. Nice guy came over and we watched movies and had a few beer and "such":smokin: ....... He left at like 2 am so we basically spent the whole day together :bigsmile:

It was a very awesome weekend
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Saturday I drove to New Orleans with some girlfriends for lunch, shopping, and booze. I got a couple pairs of Aviators, a new sexy dress, and a new "daily" necklace. Got back around 7pm and had dinner and beer with Steve. Yesterday he and I ran errands gathering supplies for Isaac.

This week should be interesting with forced sheltering. For food I have peanut butter, tuna, crackers, protein powder, lots of water, and blender bottles. :laugh: Maybe I'll shed a few pounds while I'm sheltering!

Isaac is going to rock New Orleans and the whole Gulf Coast region.

I remember when Katrina was doing its thing, gas prices rose 30 cents in one day where I was living.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend. I didn't do much but relaxed. I went to a BBQ on saturday but other than that.. that's about it. At the BBQ, I found out that one of my co workers shared a lot of the same interests that I do. My friends think I should ask her out sometime. I don't think I really have a chance tho. But yeah, great weekend though.

Jarnard
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Spent my weekend with little sleep and with friends but nothing noteworthy came out of it except maybe I don't get along with girls named Mink. Ah well.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Worked late Friday night to make up for spending Friday afternoon at the DMV to replace my stolen license plates.

Tubing plans Saturday were cancelled so I went to Zumba and did Day 5 of JM 30DS... needless to say, I ate like a pig after. I met a friend to plan a future trip to Paris. Not sure if we'll make it but it's worth dreaming :ohwell: I volunteered at church, did some shopping then hung out with the dog Saturday night.

Sunday I cooked, cleaned, gave the dog a haircut, did laundry, ugh... not fun! But I did get a chance to talk to someone from POF and we're planning to meet this week. So far, he seems pretty decent! On the more funny side, I chatted with someone on OKC and he really seemed ok for the first 20 minutes. Then he asked to play 20 questions (10 each), telling me they should be serious probing questions so we could decide if we wanted to go to dinner this week. I played along even though there were already a few red flags, and I didn't like how pushy he seemed. He was fine until he asked me question 6 on whether I preferred "Top or Bottom"... I cut him slack and coyly sidestepped that one. For question 7, his probing deep question was "Cs or Ds"? I wanted to make a joke about grades then realized I'd only been talking to him for 30-40 minutes and what loser heads down that path... and why should I be letting him?! I told him goodbye and shut down chat. He messaged me 4 times saying I shouldn't have left him and that I could have just asked for a PASS.... WHATEVER?! Weirdo! What is WRONG with people?! It's funny to me now anyway!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Those near Isaac please stay safe!!

Friday night my dad and step mom showed up. Haven't seen my dad in 4 years, and my step mom in about 6 years. It was nice to see them. I was kind of afraid because of how screwed up our relationship has been over the years but it actually turned out to be a nice time. Some things were said by my step mom that well I refuse to make her baggage my own.

Saturday we went to Sonoma Raceway to the Indycar time trials and had a blast. My dad had planned a surprise for me - to see my old swim coach from my childhood. The last time I saw him was when my dad and step mom got married 9 yrs ago. It was great to see him. Then after the races we went to dinner at a local brew house, and another surprise - a girl that used to date my old swim coach ions ago (last time I saw her I was under the age of 19) she came. It was great to see her too!!

Sunday, they left and I hung out in my backyard, and did my domestic stuff.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Worked late Friday night to make up for spending Friday afternoon at the DMV to replace my stolen license plates.

Tubing plans Saturday were cancelled so I went to Zumba and did Day 5 of JM 30DS... needless to say, I ate like a pig after. I met a friend to plan a future trip to Paris. Not sure if we'll make it but it's worth dreaming :ohwell: I volunteered at church, did some shopping then hung out with the dog Saturday night.

Sunday I cooked, cleaned, gave the dog a haircut, did laundry, ugh... not fun! But I did get a chance to talk to someone from POF and we're planning to meet this week. So far, he seems pretty decent! On the more funny side, I chatted with someone on OKC and he really seemed ok for the first 20 minutes. Then he asked to play 20 questions (10 each), telling me they should be serious probing questions so we could decide if we wanted to go to dinner this week. I played along even though there were already a few red flags, and I didn't like how pushy he seemed. He was fine until he asked me question 6 on whether I preferred "Top or Bottom"... I cut him slack and coyly sidestepped that one. For question 7, his probing deep question was "Cs or Ds"? I wanted to make a joke about grades then realized I'd only been talking to him for 30-40 minutes and what loser heads down that path... and why should I be letting him?! I told him goodbye and shut down chat. He messaged me 4 times saying I shouldn't have left him and that I could have just asked for a PASS.... WHATEVER?! Weirdo! What is WRONG with people?! It's funny to me now anyway!

Wow that is crazy about the 20 questions!! I stepped back from a dude when I asked where do you see yourself in 5 years and he said hopefully married to me (mind you we had only just started talking - CRAZY !!)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Not much, just spent a week chillin on the beach. Did some golfing, fishing, and kayaking. Came back Saturday and went to a block party where they played some weird old movies. Not happy to be back at work today though.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Is that a nighthawk? I learned on one of those. Good times.

I met a chick at my motorcycle maintenance class a couple of weeks ago and ended up grabbing lunch with her afterwards. This weekend, we went for a long ride up through the redwoods and along the coast. Stopped to check out a lighthouse, some antique stores, cafe, and an awesome bakery that makes fresh bread with garlic and artichoke hearts in the middle. I had an awesome time and it feels pretty good to meet someone the old fashion way, as online dating has been a massive failure for me. :)

That's so cool how you met! I would have loved to go out with some of the guys in the class, but unfortunately, the instructor blew my cover and once they found out I was higher ranking all the flirting stopped. Wouldn't have lasted anyway, since I think I had everyone in the class beat by at least 10 years ;-)

Yes, that's a Nighthawk, and I was originally thinking about getting one. Don't laugh, but I think I need to buy something with a little more power ;-)