Kale, Kale, Kale...

Options
I have an excess of Kale (Purple, and Black Varieties mostly) and interested to learn if anyone may have some good recipes for Kale - My wife makes an awesome salad with Kale leaves marinated in Avocado, but looking for some alternatives ... including any soup recipes. Thanks

Replies

• bosuhart
    Options
    Mmmm kale, my kids love this recipe (they thinks its fun).. it's a variation of a Japanese hot pot we serve on the table in a fodu pot.

This recipe has seafood but I bet you could replace the seafood with a deep fried tofu and it would still be yummy.

6 - 8 cups vegetable broth, brought to a boil.
    Place seafood (shrimp, crab, fish cut into 1 " squares) or tofu into vegetable broth.
    Add vegetables, including kale, spinach, mushrooms, no root vegetables as they take too long to cook.
    Boil gently for a few minutes.
    Put (thin) rice noodles into the bottom of the fondu pot withflame under pot.
    Add broth to fondu pot.
    Place seafoood or tofu artfully in pot.

Serve noodles and broth into each bowl, the children enjoy using their skewers to fish for their favorites out of the fondu pot.
    I also serve with tempura vegetables and sometimes even make homemade u-dong noodles instead of rice noodles.
  • CrankyGoatWECHANGED
    Options
    Sounds like a fun meal, thanks for sharing...