What do you do for exercise on Rainy Days?

Options
spikedkanji
spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
Ok, It rains a lot here in Florida, and for my exercise cardio I like to walk outside a few miles. But I know I don't want to walk when its rainy out cause I don't want to catch colds. What does everyone do for rainy days to exercise?

Replies

• Jennifer_lynn85
    Options
    I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and thats done in home! Grab a workout video and do it indoors on rainy days, it is summer after all..and with summer comes all those thunder storms!
  • colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Walk in place while watching TV!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill at home, or I go to the YMCA! But... If it's sometimes just a light rain, I'll go run in that... It's refreshing!!!
  • mstumpe01
    mstumpe01 Posts: 7
    Options
    I jog all over the house- while doing dishes, watching TV, cooking, etc. I make it a game with my son.
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If it rains on rainy and stormy days, I stay inside and lift weights and do cardio and yoga instead of walking outside, because the ground is too wet and muddy. Otherwise, if it's stormy and a tornado or a hurricane comes through my area, I'd watch news coverage on tv or take time to exercise to keep fit.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I love exercising in the rain- especially mountain biking. Being cold =/= catching a cold.

Lightning on the other hand- yeah I usually move it indoors and make it a strength training day.
  • MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My fitness routine includes Curves (fitness center) 3-4 times a week. And that's inside so....
    I also have an elliptical at home.
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will go to the fitness center in the apartments where I live or I will do cardio with my 2 lb. weights at home to my favorite music.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Home exercise DVDs or run on a treadmill.
  • Shfiftyfive
    Options
    Go to the gym.
    Lift in the garage.
    Go outside anyways. It's Florida in the summer. It's always going to be raining so might as well not use that as an excuse.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the rain...You can't catch a cold just by getting wet, it's a virus/bacteria, so embrace our lovely weather and let it refresh you!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes walk when it is raining but I hate when the rain is over and the humidity comes in (it messes wth my asthma too) and I really hate when the mosquitos come out:grumble: I enjoy the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD - cardio and weights - mixes them both up.
  • marallicat11
    Options
    hey there! I walk all the time too! I have been pretty disappointed with all the rain here lately.....even today! I have a Wii & I will do the Wii Fit Plus. I just ran 20 minutes on there today. I love the Wii! I do like walking outdoors through my neck of the woods more though.
  • losingwithpride
    Options
    I do the same thing I do for hot and muggy days... walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical :) I save walking outside for the sunny cooler weather or for the days at the beach where I can walk with my toes in the water :)
  • losingwithpride
    Options
    mosquitos are the worst... I have to walk outside during the day :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    If i cant get to the gym due to the rain i will usually just pop in a walking video i have or do some Zumba.