When I see things like this, I weep on the inside

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/641300-seriously-fix-me-a-sammich

I discovered a while back not to get involved in stuff like this, but when I see women replying with THAT'S SO HILARIOUS SILLY FEMINISTS, it makes me want to punch something.

Yikes.

Replies

• zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Yeah... I really can't stand women who enjoy all that feminism has brought them but think feminism is the great big evil that allows women to be self-reliant and not need some guy around all the time. And then they ***** about how certain religions treat their women. Really, WTF?
  • Ryathur
    Ryathur Posts: 16
    Options
    You also have to love those images of men punching women in that thread. Domestic abuse is hilarious! It isn't like it still happens these days! Oh, ho, ho, those silly feminists and their lack of humor. [/sarcasm]

Funny thing is, I can probably fix computers better than most of the men in that thread. (except the guy with the CCDP, that's pretty impressive. But he posted the worst domestic abuse picture, so that honestly makes me shudder)
  • subtractionproject
    subtractionproject Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's vile. Sometimes I even catch myself thinking, AM I humourless? Everyone seems to think this is really, really hilarious...

But then I realise I'm not an idiot.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yep. Domestic abuse is TOTALLY lol-worthy. I'm surprised they didn't start making fun of rape. Asshats...
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Ugh, those comments anger me to no end. Yeah, they say, "It's just a joke!" but then they take it completely seriously in practice. And if they don't, they're so self-centered as to be oblivious to the fact that some people do. I wish I could have recorded the time I was observing domestic violence court and the guy's defense was seriously a punchline to one of these sexist jokes. Seriously.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/643127-respecting-men

Ooh! Here's another one!!!!! "Women should just shut up. THAT'S respect." =-=;;;
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/643127-respecting-men

Ooh! Here's another one!!!!! "Women should just shut up. THAT'S respect." =-=;;;
    Ugh, I just saw that one. I need to stop looking at these things.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    yikes - I am oblivious sometimes as to how prevalent the opinions on both threads are - I have seen some scary opinions on mfp in relation to the man needing to be in control - but I can't get my head round the fact that so many women seem to be contented in this subservient role, it really does mistify me - I realise that makes me a bit naive but it just makes me sad. It is offensive that the domestic abuse is a joke. smh
  • This stuff is so disturbing. I hate it that so many people of my generation perpetuate these myths of benevolent sexism. :(
  • That reminds me of this part in Alias Grace where one character says women have skirts so men can tie them around their heads, because everything above their legs is good for nothing.
  • valerieknox
    valerieknox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You also have to love those images of men punching women in that thread. Domestic abuse is hilarious! It isn't like it still happens these days! Oh, ho, ho, those silly feminists and their lack of humor. [/sarcasm]

Funny thing is, I can probably fix computers better than most of the men in that thread. (except the guy with the CCDP, that's pretty impressive. But he posted the worst domestic abuse picture, so that honestly makes me shudder)

Yeah! That whole thread was awful, but that picture really shocked me!
  • v_snowdrop
    Options
    i feel my BP rising every time i look at the chit-chat board
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    sigh - some of the comments on this thread :(

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/737467-should-men-be-stronger-then-their-female-companions?page=3
    I know chit chat forum is full of crap like this - but still I go along in my little bubble - I know there are as many people posting to point out the inconsistencies and calling out on the stereotyping but "shudder"