live strong

Options
for anyone who ever bought those yellow live strong bracelets - look @ lance armstrong now. how does it feel to have supported a cheater?

personally, i was never a fan.

Replies

• andrewlazenby
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaawn.

Try harder, epic fail.
  • ferb03
    ferb03 Posts: 82
    Options
    Ouch.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It feels good to support someone who has raise $500 million for cancer research.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    It feels good to support someone who has raise $500 million for cancer research.

^^^ This ^^^

And in case you haven't done your research there is NO physical evidence against him (which isn't bad since he was the most tested athlete across any sport during his career) and USADA will not go to trial in front of a jury... Funny that! :ohwell:

How about we drag up some more dirt on something that happened 10 YEARS ago?!

Move on or crawl back under your rock.... :noway:
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
  • KitTheRoadie
    Options
    It's funny how you hide behind your pictures... You can't even post a picture of yourself in your profile! :laugh:
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    this must be a sensative subject for you to deflect the original post. :sad:
    It's funny how you hide behind your pictures... You can't even post a picture of yourself in your profile! :laugh:

.. coming from a person who has their profile set to private with no picture either? hmm

.. I'm sorry, did I post this on facebook? :laugh:
  • KitTheRoadie
    Options
    I'm just not getting in to a petty argument with someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about and would rather post stupid pictures, probably made by someone else to make their point.

If you could see my profile I have lots of pictures of me, I am not shy, I am taking part in an MFP challenge which requires me to have that pic for the duration of it.

No you posted it on a public forum where I am within my rights to voice my opinions, just as you are, the difference is I am not a hater...

:yawn:
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    I'm just not getting in to a petty argument with someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about and would rather post stupid pictures, probably made by someone else to make their point.

No you posted it on a public forum where I am within my rights to voice my opinions, just as you are, the difference is I am not a hater...
    It's too late, you already engaged me. I am a Lance Armstrong hater. He obviously doped up, cheated, and lied about it. How can you respect such a man?
    That's great for cancer research but doesn't change the type of person he is. He was an icon who lied to the world and will be remembered or forgotten should I say, as a fraud.
  • KitTheRoadie
    Options

It's too late, you already engaged me. I am a Lance Armstrong hater. He obviously doped up, cheated, and lied about it. How can you respect such a man?

This is true, that was my first mistake!

As I know you have absolutely no evidence to back up your accusations and you are just a hater, I am leaving this conversation.

Thanks for brightening up my day! :bigsmile:
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    As I know you have absolutely no evidence to back up your accusations and you are just a hater, I am leaving this conversation.

Here you are good sir. Sometimes the truth hurts. We move on.

http://www.usada.org/media/sanction-armstrong8242012
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have no idea whether he did or didn't, but I think you need to do a hell of a lot more research. Almost all of the 2nd and 3rd place finishers have had drug charges against them as well. It's rampant in the sport, so in all likelihood whoever you supported was also doing drugs, doesn't mean they weren't also an amazing athlete. It takes a lot more than drugs to be a great cyclist.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I am a Lance Armstrong hater. He obviously doped up, cheated, and lied about it. How can you respect such a man?

First off, that makes you biased, which makes it REALLY hard to have a meaningful conversation with you.

Second, I don't respect the man... I don't know him. I do respect his commitment and his drive and his work ethic. I respect his competitiveness. I'm pretty sure he cheated, but it didn't take the press releases last week to tell me that. Everyone was cheating back then. Does it make it right? No. But he did it better than everyone else, to the tune of 7 tour titles and 500+ passed drug tests. He chose his path then did it better than everyone else. Is it a little Thrasymachian? Sure... but have a little perspective, will ya?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my little yellow bracelet supports cancer research and not Mr. Armstrong himself.

In case you didn't know this already, professional sports are dirty.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    for anyone who ever bought those yellow live strong bracelets - look @ lance armstrong now. how does it feel to have supported a cheater?

personally, i was never a fan.

It feels real good, especially since I like to think I am alive thanks to organizations such as his.
This discussion has been closed.