Moving to Philly, soon.

Options
MyTime1207
MyTime1207 Posts: 56 Member
I will be moving out to Philadelphia in about four months and I am curious about the gyms. Can anyone recommend a great facility to work out at?

Replies

• pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love La Fitness. Quite a few locations, low pricing, pool, basketball courts, racquetball and childcare service if this applies to you.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I love La Fitness. Quite a few locations, low pricing, pool, basketball courts, racquetball and childcare service if this applies to you.

I agree with this, I go to LA Fitness for my gym needs. Both the Center City and Andorra locations are good.
  • MyTime1207
    MyTime1207 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks and I will take a look at this gym.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Judging by your pic, I'm guessing you will want a serious gym. There is Ironworks - that's quite a lifters gym and has a couple locations downtown. A lot of people like 12th St, so that's a good choice (if you're not a homophobe anyway). Best bet is to check out the yelp.com reviews.
  • Every_Woman
    Options
    Would you be a little more specific - where in Philly? And do you prefer a gym close to your home or close to your work?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I primarily do heavy lifting and I'm really liking LA Fitness. But it's really only my second gym and I don't have much to base it on. I do appreciate the many locations and the free weight section is pretty substantial. Some locations have a pool and there are classes if interested that are free with membership. It is a large franchise though.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    In the city or outside the city? What's your spending tolerance?
  • lockedinpa
    Options
    i do agree with the common theme here about LA Fitness. i have gone to multiple locations in the area.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I go to City Fitness on 2nd and Spring Garden, and they now have a second location somewhere on South Street.