My CTL Story Continued: SLINGSHOT worked for me!

Options
After completing a week of SLINGSHOT, I just completed my first week back on the 7 Day Carb Cycle. It appears to have worked for me:

Started CTL on June 26, weighed 217
At the end of week 5, weigh 190 (28 pounds lost) This is an average about 5 pounds per week.
At the end of week 6, weigh 189 (29 pounds lost)
Beginning week 7, weighed 189 – PLATEAUED - 7 Day SLINGSHOT
At the end of week 8, (Back on the 7 Day Carb Cycle) weigh 187 (30 pounds lost)
Now I'm into week 9, we will see how I do when I weigh in next Tuesday! (BUT of course, have a four day weekend and headed on a quick out town holiday....we will see...but even if I don't gain from the travel and just stay where I am now, I will be happy!)

Still hoping to drop 7 more pounds by 9/21; Choose to Lose does work; everyone keep up the good work!

Cheers and have a great day! :wink:

Replies

• Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Is this your second Slingshot week?
  • BradleyRClay
    Options
    No I have only done slingshot one time...
  • luis1984
    luis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to slingshot every four weeks: 4,8,12 three times per a three month period. I am on my second slingshot week, I still tend to lose at least 1 lb during my slingshot
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of my first slingshot, and I couldn't help myself... I stepped on the scale today, and was delighted to see I'm down 0.8 lb. After my day-long McDonald's feast the other day, relief was written all over my face! :blushing:
  • luis1984
    luis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is ok, we all have our slip ups. There are times when I have a beer here and there or some chocolate cake and still manage to lose, however not as much as I expected. That is life!
  • BradleyRClay
    Options
    I am only using slingshot when I stop losing weight....i only have 7 more pounds to get to my goal, so I am not really in a rush. My partner's current goal is 16 more pounds (for a total of 40) by 9/21. (We leave for the condo in Mexico that day). When I drop 7 more, I will be at 180#s. Still going to try and lose 5 extra pounds!!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I also read the "slingshot" as a method to pop to when your 7 day cycling stops working, oh you plateaued as your body figured out the 7 day carb cycling? ok... change it up and bust through that plateau...
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is excellent Bradley! Keep up the great work! I can tell you after my 2 week vacation mode I did not lose but did remain the same which made me happy. So enjoy your holiday, you know what they say don't sweat the small stuff. Looking forward to hearing your continued story!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm glad Slingshot worked for you =)
  • allthngsthru
    Options
    Hi! I am on my fourth day of my first slingshot week and down a pound already! I've lost 3 pounds since starting this, which is great because I don't exercise like I should (I know, boo) and I had hit a plateau months ago. I am getting closer to my goal weight which makes it somewhat harder too. I have within the last week incorporated free weights, which I enjoy much more than cardio, and for me I think that is the way to go.
    My question is can I have a cheat meal on Sunday on the slingshot week? I cannot find anything in the book or website clarifying this. Thanks!
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the cheat meal, but I don't know why you couldn't. That is why I like CTL so much. You can fit to your needs and it still works. I start with high carb day just because it works better with my schedule. I don't think it has hurt at all.
  • allthngsthru
    Options
    Thanks! It's been a good week so far so I think I'll have a nice treat.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I agree that the book is fuzzy on it. I still do my sunday funday on my slingshot week. I forgot the first one, so I've only done one so far. This next week is another slingshot, so I'll have to work to remember to do it. LOL