trying to lose weight after bulimia

Options
I don't mean to be triggering... I'm not... it's just that I have a history of anorexia AND bulimia. bulimia made me overweight and blah. so i'm losing weight the HEALTHY WAY. fitness, mostly, and being happy with my body. the calorie counting, while triggering for some, makes it easy to make sure that i'm eating enough.

anyone else an ex-bulimic trying to be healthy and happy?

Replies

• tinabatinaflc
    Options
    me. i'm not sure i'm ex bulimic yet...but i would like to be...
  • jesusismyrock7
    jesusismyrock7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am ex-bulimic and also doing it the healthy way! I havent purged in over a year! Although counting cals can be a trigger I try to remember how destructive the bulimia was to my body and how I still deal with the aftermath of it! I don't wanna hurt the people around me anymore because of my ED and I wanna be healthy and happy! I say just remember what your focus is daily and remember why you never wanna go back to the bulimia lifestyle! I did it for 17 years and even still have a lot of health problems and I can say without a doubt I will never go back to that! Good luck in your journey!

Sam
  • tragicpixie
    Options
    Hey I"m an ex bulimic and when I got my anorexia diagnosis, I was still purging just not binging. I graduated on EDNOS on my last diagnosis but I've been purge-free for almost a year now. I did gain a lot of weight when I was focusing on recovery because I first focused on not purging and eating regularly, the binging didn't totally stop (well honestly I still struggle with keepiing it under control).
    Calorie counting can be triggering so I just remind myself not to take it so seriously - I focus on my weight as a "health" thing and try not to fall into thinking about it, or food, to much.

Hope you're doing well.