What kind of juicer...

Options
Eerinelizz
Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
I'm Want to start juicing, but I don't know what kind of juicer to get. I've heard the masticating Juicers are best, but I'm not sure where to buy, which brands are best.....help! I'm a total newbie!

Replies

• mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have the same one he uses in the documentary. It's a Breville. It's AWESOME!
  • Eerinelizz
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
  • Leavingthecity
    Options
    a masticating juicer will get more liquid out of low moisture produce such as wheat grass, but if you're new to juicing and not sure if you're going to stick with it- they aren't worth the price tag. I love my Breville. I have a Breville Juice Fountain Compact which is great to start with. You have to empty the solids container more frequently if you're making lots of juice at once, but it's so simple, and for the price, it does a GREAT job.

I've also heard great things about the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer if you want to keep it under 75 dollars.

Maybe one day in the future when my rich uncle gets out of the poor house I'll invest in a masticating juicer, but they take up space, and are super pricey.
  • Eerinelizz
    Options
    I ended up buying the Breville from the documentary. It was pricey, but definitely not the most expensive one out there, and it got great reviews. My husband and I will be juicing together, and we are waiting very impatiently for it to get here! I think we will start out trying some recipes, then do a juice fast. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • byronguy74
    Options
    a masticating juicer will get more liquid out of low moisture produce such as wheat grass, but if you're new to juicing and not sure if you're going to stick with it- they aren't worth the price tag. I love my Breville.

This! I have a Breville centrifugal juicer and an Omega masticating juicer they are both great but the Omega is expensive if you do not know if you are going to stick with it. The Breville is faster and easier to use but the Omega extracts much more juice. If you are just starting out get the Breville (or something similar) and upgrade later if you decide that juicing is for you.