Wednesday Woes to Wow

Options
lisaissasa
lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
Good Morniing, Afternoon, and Evening. This is Lisa or affectionately referred to as G.I. Jane. Yes, I will be your drill seargent today. But do not fear, I think you will thank me later. if not I can take that too.

Today is LEG DAY. I am going to give you a 4 minute sample of my 20 Second Fitness workout that I do. You will log it under circuit training in your exercise diary. Or you could just put it under strength, but if you do you will need to count your reps.

DIRECTIONS- A set is 20 seconds long with 10 second rest before starting next set. The idea is to keep heart rate up and have an intense workout. Go as fast and hard as you can for the 20 seconds. You can rotate the exercises or you may choose to all sets of squats then move to next exercise.

3 Sets
SQUATS: are where you act as if you are going to sit, however just before your butt touches seat you stand back upright. For balance move your arms straight out in fron of you or in prayer posture form.

3 Sets
PLIE or REGULAR LUNGES: Plies are lunges off to each side rather than straight out in front of you. A lunge is a step out with first leg and bending second leg down as far as you can go (to floor) and raising second leg back up and repeating on other side. NOTE- do not allow first leg knee to go past toes.

2 Sets
BURPEES: get into squat position, put arms down on floor for support and shoot legs behind you (either one at a time or together) and pop back up into standing position. You are to repeat this all in one quick fluid motion for 20 seconds doing as many as you can.

The above should take you a mere 4 minutes. You can do this! Push yourself to do your best for each 20 second set, going as fast and as hard as you can. I read the comments and I am sure others do too. Please post how well you faired. Remember EVERYONE can do anything for 20 seconds at a time. Just keep telling yourself it is only 20 seconds.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• lisaissasa
    Options
    At first I was like WOE no way! But WOW I did it! You can too.
  • arfester
    arfester Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how good I will be at this but I am going to give it a try!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! GI Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you! WOW you rock my sister!!!!!!! :D

I will weep tonight but will get it in!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good Morniing, Afternoon, and Evening. This is Lisa or affectionately referred to as G.I. Jane. Yes, I will be your drill seargent today. But do not fear, I think you will thank me later. if not I can take that too.

Today is LEG DAY. I am going to give you a 4 minute sample of my 20 Second Fitness workout that I do. You will log it under circuit training in your exercise diary. Or you could just put it under strength, but if you do you will need to count your reps.

DIRECTIONS- A set is 20 seconds long with 10 second rest before starting next set. The idea is to keep heart rate up and have an intense workout. Go as fast and hard as you can for the 20 seconds. You can rotate the exercises or you may choose to all sets of squats then move to next exercise.

3 Sets
    SQUATS: are where you act as if you are going to sit, however just before your butt touches seat you stand back upright. For balance move your arms straight out in fron of you or in prayer posture form.

3 Sets
    PLIE or REGULAR LUNGES: Plies are lunges off to each side rather than straight out in front of you. A lunge is a step out with first leg and bending second leg down as far as you can go (to floor) and raising second leg back up and repeating on other side. NOTE- do not allow first leg knee to go past toes.

2 Sets
    BURPEES: get into squat position, put arms down on floor for support and shoot legs behind you (either one at a time or together) and pop back up into standing position. You are to repeat this all in one quick fluid motion for 20 seconds doing as many as you can.

The above should take you a mere 4 minutes. You can do this! Push yourself to do your best for each 20 second set, going as fast and as hard as you can. I read the comments and I am sure others do too. Please post how well you faired. Remember EVERYONE can do anything for 20 seconds at a time. Just keep telling yourself it is only 20 seconds.

GOOD LUCK!

Just the motivation I need. I WILL do this!!!! (hopefully I don't fall on my face during these Burpee things.... I'm not the most graceful or coordinated person!!!)
  • emilyclaire000
    Options
    It actually sounds kind of exciting. I'm in. :)
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Done! Did three sets. Nice workout. I could really feel that trouble spot where my hammies meet my glutes just under my derriere. Think I'll hit another set or few this afternoon. :D Thanx, Jane!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    giving this a try when I need a break at work.
  • BrieLP
    Options
    F U Burpees! But I did it... Yuck!
  • BrieLP
    Options
    F U Burpees! But I did it... Yuck!

Note to self: STRETCH FIRST! Your legs will thank you later!
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Did them, going to make them my Wednesday evening waiting for dinner to cook regular. Thanks
  • lisaissasa
    Options
    A big hip hip hooray to you all! Well done. Yes those burbees are a killer. It is real pathetic to watch me do them but the point is I do them. Hopefully some day I will not look like the lady in the ad, "I have fallen and I cannot get up."

I would have to say the best part is th eworkout is quick and it yet effective. Wahoo!