loosing weight the 2nd time is so much harder than the 1st!?

Options
i lost 2 stone with slimming world over the last couple of years and was really happy but recently put a stone back on. went back to slimming world and it seems soooo much harder this time around! thats why im on here hoping something different will give me the kick up the bum i need. anyone else find attempt number 2 at weight loss more difficult?

Replies

• clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    *Boot* :laugh:

Ive got a tone of weight to lose, but i WILL do it, i am currently loving the gym, and im more hopeful that ever at this point in time... Ive been rake thin, average, a little post baby chunky, thin again, post baby chunky again and now... just very very rotund! no more feeling sorry for myself, no more just wishing i could wake up thin without making an effort... it will happen!! and it will for you too... or i'll hunt you down and beat you round the head with a bag of tofu and hummus dip!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Here here!! I lost weight before Christmas last year (to get into "that" Christmas party frock) and felt great and then piled it all back on again. I'm now back at the same date as last year ready to try it all again (once again, I have some occasions looming and "frocks" need to be donned!)

I'm an "all or nothing" kind of person and that is my downfall I think.

Many bums will be kicked (mine included!) if we don't do it again particularly as we know we can do it!! If you need bum kicking just give me a shout. I'll get the Doc Marts out. :laugh:
  • racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same here or worse ... Last year I went on a mission to be fit at 30. I made it and actually stayed on/under my goal weight for two months or more. Than there was Xmas and afterwards I got so ill I had to go to hospital. I had a horrible case of foodpoisoning and it took me several months to recover. When I got better I had to catch up with work and concentrated on that rather than on getting back into shape. To cut a long story short I ended up being 6.5 Ibs heavier than I was when I started my whole weightloss mission :(
    Now I'm doing it again and I'm 14 Ibs down, about 13 to go. It's painful, but hopefully it will teach me to not let myself gain weight again ;)
  • Pickyfingers
    Options
    Losing weight in your 50s is the hardest I think? when I was in 30s etc., I could easily lose it but now it seems to take ages to lose a pound! Have tried all the slimming clubs, latest last month was Slimming World but didnt enjoy the class, also felt I was eating too much. At least this site is free and you can keep in touch with others 24/7 and there is always someone who can answer a query. I am determined to stay on here until I reach target however long it takes, want to lose 3 stone!:laugh: