• trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    short people don't get it. the end.

:laugh:
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Haha...short people do NOT get it... Love that I can read these posts and feel somewhat "normal" I would LOVE to be 180 again one day. The last time I was 180 was in High School and people talked about how I was Sooo skinny. If I told them I was 180 they would gave me the O.o. Look... People cant even guess I'm 255 right now....I must "carry it well" lol!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I just got this today. I went to the Dr. and the nurse weighed me and started at 150. She nudged it a little. Then a little more. Did this a couple times til she moved it to the end. Then she had this look of amazement when she moved it to 200. I weighed 202(dressed and had just ate lunch :P). She didn't say anything but she looked dumbfounded. lol.

I had the same thing happen. The nurse ran the scale to 200 and i said, uh, no you need to go to 250 and she didn't believe me. Made me feel skinny :smile:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I hate the "Wow, you've lost 30 pounds?! If I lost 30 pounds, I would have lost 5 dress sizes!" Yeah, I get it. Now leave me alone.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently weigh around 230lbs but I honestly don't feel like I carry it that badly, my current photo is recent.

However I find it hard to adjust my brain to thinking what a normal weight is for my height. Growing up I was constantly surrounded y my mums magazines that always seemed to suggest anything over 140lbs for a woman was a bad thing.

I would love to get back down to 168lbs, when I was younger and stupid, I starved myself down to about 142lbs and I did not look well at all, mainly because I wasn't.

I've lost a fair amount already but it feels like such a long stretch to make a really big difference.
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    <<
    Currently stuck at 180 but feelin good! I am 5'9'' and I still have some weight to lose, but overall, I think 180 looks pretty good! :wink:
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's always kind of awkward when a short person says something negative about high weight numbers because it's like yeah...that person you're talking badly about -- I weigh more than her. Thanks D*ck.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I used to feel like an elephant whenever I told people my weight, being 6'0" and having a fairly large frame (my dad is 6'7" and built like an NBA player, I wonder where I got my height from! hahaha) but now I don't even really care that much. It took me a long time to accept that I would probably never reach the average weight of a female without being sickly, and only in recent years after speaking with my doctor, decided on the 180lb range. As of Friday last week, I was 199.3lbs.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I used to be a camp counselor, and I was really muscular and 5'8" (I'm 5'10" now, but questions about that later) and would proudly tell the girls that I weighed 190. They looked up to me, and I think it helped their own self-image to know that not everyone was shooting for 135. They'd marvel for a bit, and then move on. I wish adults were as easy.

I weigh 222 now with a goal weight of 170-175 and one of the much shorter women at my work who is much rounder said "girl, I'll take your old clothes that are too big for you" and I kind of looked at her sideways and said "Well, sure, but they'd be WAY too big for you" and she leaned forward and whispered "I'm a size 14-16" and I kind of laughed and told her my cast offs were size 20. You should have seen her eyes! And then I got the ubiquitous "no way!".

But the point here? You're special. Sizes and single pounds don't mean the same thing to us as they do to shorter women. Yes, you have to work harder to see results, but the flip side of that is that a tiny backslide doesn't really show up, either. They're not being mean, they just don't KNOW. So smile when they gawk, because truthfully, they DO WISH they had your height. Even if they don't have a clue just what a pain that is.
  • lyra97
    lyra97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'11 adn 3/4th (im 6ft!) my doc says and when i went to the ER for an EARINFECTIOn! i was 147 with a pair of yoga shorts winter sweats and a light sweater on, so about 145 and a week earlier I was 155! i freaked out when i found out i was 155! it meant i gained ten pounds in under two weeks!
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I usually use this to see what I would look like at a certain weight -- http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Love this, thanks for sharing
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 185 or so and when I see pictures of myself at that weight, I look really healthy and strong. I look really, really good! I saw pictures of myself at around 165 at 6 feet and I look gaunt in the face. I tend to carry all my weight in the hip and thighs so the top of me looks almost too skinny when I go under 170.
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I last weighed 180, TWICE on those old-school manual scales a nurse weighed me in at 180, then wrote it down as 130. TWICE. She just ignored that 50 pounds altogether. So now my chart has these weird weights on it and another nurse thought I had gained 50 pounds between appointments. Good times ;)

And for what it's worth, people are totally shocked if I tell them I weigh 201.5 right now - I get a lot of, "Wow, if I had to guess I would have thought 170-180." 185 is my goal weight.

SHANNON, you don't look that weight at all!! You look amazing, but when I show people pictures of when I was about 210 lbs. at 6 feet, they say, "ooooh, you were so skinny!" Yeah, it is hard for me to equate skinny to 210. But we are real tall too so I'll take the compliment.