Hello NJ !

Options
Are you guys out there? Let's get talking! I'm 48, female, from Demarest. haven't decide how much I want to lose yet, just needed to start. Love this app! Who are you?

Replies

• dreabeth
    Options
    Me, I'm 47, female from Fair Lawn. I've been using MFP for awhile, sporadically. After 47 years I've finally figured out that it's ok to make things all about me. 2012 is the year to be a little selfish, rediscover the things that make me happy, and improve my health in the process!

~D
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm a 45 year old male from Lake Como. I've lost all that i intend to (42 lbs) and it's all about toning up now. Feel free to friend me or just start chatting it up...Welcome all!!
  • BeautyNBriefcase
    BeautyNBriefcase Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    41 from Elmwood Park. at my last doctor visit - 3 months ago- doc told me i gained almost 30 lbs in 5 years - grrr. with that said i now workout minimum 30min a day on treadmill, rejoined Bally's and trying out CKO this week. Would anyone like to have weekly meeting at Panera in Paramus? Look forward to becoming healthy with my Jersey peeps :)
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi All I'm from Ridgefield Park, seems we are all close by! I have about 40 pounds I want to lose but constantly go up and down the scale thanks to a little thyroid problem. That's ok I know that one day I will kick it's butt. I'm a gym rat love it to pieces. I go about 5-6 days a week and work out one at home. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • JudyL5305
    Options
    I also like the idea of getting together. Once a week would be hard but I like the idea!
  • doreenwc
    doreenwc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I see this group is not that active but maybe I can help change that =) I am in Ridgefield NJ and work in Montvale NJ.

I lost 147 lbs last year and fight everyday to keep it from climbing too high. I am still withing the 10 lbs mark so I am doing well so far.

~WAVING to you lovely ladies~
  • JudyL5305
    Options
    Hey Doreen we are neighbors! I'm in Ridgefield Park! A very big CONGRATS!!!!!!!! On your weight loss that is an awesome accomplishment! Let's make this group more active. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sincere201
    sincere201 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hello everyone new to the group hudson county 23 years kearny looking to lose about 94 lbs
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am in Teaneck NJ I can be found at Saddle River Cnty park or the new Overpeck pounding the Pavement most weekends or circling Votee in Teaneck during the week. I have been on this journey since May 2008 and although I go slow and dont lose pounds and pounds per week I continue to lose. I am semi retired 64 year old so I am around and my schedule for workouts is whatever I want.
    My profile and diaries are open and if anyone is interested in talking about a workout partner lets see if we have some common ground
    Ken
  • JudyL5305
    Options
    Love love love the New Overpeck park. Walking at the creek is one of my favorite things to do!
  • BeautyNBriefcase
    BeautyNBriefcase Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    maybe we should start a walking club on weekends? we can switch it around to overpeck, garret mountain and saddle brook. thoughts?
  • Ke22yB
    Options
    I would be interested I mostly run alone but love to walk with others as the time and distance goes so much faster I am in Teaneck so all 3 are 15 minutes or less for me. Have never been to Garrett mountain would like to try there, as the name mountain is it hilly starting to look for hills to add to fitness levels
  • Ke22yB
    Options
    Hello any one out here I was hoping that a bunch of people would be saying lets get going and trying to decide where
    Oh well its off for my run around Votee park a few times