Drop the excuses! It's Tough Love Time!

Options
BWLWAjima
BWLWAjima Posts: 27 Member
Today's Inspiration | Drop these excuses! Tough Love Time...

- "I don't want to get skinny." Then don't. You are in control of how much weight you will lose. Get healthy.

- "Eating healthy is too expensive." People go bankrupt paying for medical bills. What is the real expense to your health if you're obese? We spend money on what we believe is important. Buy what you can and invest in yourself. Make the investment that YOU can afford and change your eating habits for the better.

- "I don't know where to start." I think this excuse is outrageous. With the internet, books, weight loss commercials coming on all the time, free resources and articles all over the place...you really can't find one source of reputable information to get you started? Who hasn't heard of the basics: eating healthy and exercising more? Cut out fast food, fried food, sweets and do some walking. There is a start.

- "I need help" What do you really mean by that? Figure out what help you need. Do you need medical, financial, or emotional support? You can't just stay stuck in need. You have to go and seek out a source to help you that is realistic.

Ladies, we have to do this for ourselves. No one can lose weight for you and excuses won't take off a pound. Ditch the excuses!

Replies

• conroegirl
    conroegirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great blog, in the past I've made some of those excuses. This time I've made up my mind that I am soley responsible for my weight gain and weight loss. NO EXCUSES THIS TIME.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Love it, Love it, Love!! This was great!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!! WELL-SAID!

Erica
  • iamlove21
    Options
    This is so me! I am slowly working on it.
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!! LET'S ALL GET HEALTHLY!! IT'S LONG OVER DUE! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dsfriday
    Options
    AMEN !
  • dossha
    dossha Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My need to get in shape is for me. I've always been a diva and I like my body to reflect that. We as black women give so much of our self away and forget about us. It's time to place things in proper persepective and treat our own bodies right. It's hard work and we do it everyday, just not for ourselves. So let's get moving!!!!:smile: