BUPA Great North Run

Options
KatManx
KatManx Posts: 168 Member
Hi All,
Is anyone taking part this year?? Its my first year!

How has your training gone? I have been awful, but i have been out. I always seem to do better on the day. But I am not going to panic, just enjoy the experience. I know i can do it!

Kat

Replies

• sonyayoung18
    sonyayoung18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat

I am also doing the GNR for the first time this year and my training has been going v v well. Last Sunday my boyf dropped me off at the Tyne Bridge and I ran home (I live in So Shields), I managed 11.6 miles in 1hr 49 mins with a little help from lucozade energy sweets, I highly recommend them and they only have 12 calories each (according to MFP).

What do you expect your time to be? I'm hoping for just over two hours. Have you given GNR your mobile number so they can text you your time, minutes after crossing the finish line??

Keep up the hard work Kat, I've heard that the atmosphere is electric and all the whooping and cheering helps you along the way :) Good luck!!!
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    That time is fantastic!
    I am hoping for a 2 and a half hour, but we will see. I have done my mobile numbers, my husband, mum and sister will be getting the texts. My husband is doing it for the 6th time!
    I am pretty nervous, and not a brilliant runner, but wanted to do it, as Ian always comes back and says that its the best thing and atmosphere ever.
    Good luck in your race too. Let's hope its a nice day :0)

Kat x
  • nowornever250
    nowornever250 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm doing it as well and lets just say my training has been up and down as have had a strained calf muscle and a hip injury but apart from that ....... my longest run so far has been just under 10 miles, so I am hoping the atmosphere will keep me going. I have been using the Lucozade sweets as well on my long runs.

I'm doing the Middlesbrough 10k this Sunday as part of my training plan.

Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed its not too hot or too rainy!

Anne