Thursday Wk 2

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
:bigsmile:

Happy Thursday challengers!

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I am smiling. For many reasons.

I went out last night, granted I had a few beers(it was 50cent beer night) which I usually am not proud of the next day, but I kept it under control and kept it within my calories. I was proud of myself for that. Before going out and getting ready I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in awhile because before they were just a bit too tight....when I put them on they were just a bit too big! It was a great feeling and gave me just the confidence I needed for the night. I'm not usually a forward person when it comes to flirting or anything like that. But I felt so good about myself, that flirting with the bartender came quite easy to my surprise, and come the end of the night I gave him my phone number. :blushing:

You may be reading this like "Okay? So?" I read it over and roll my eyes at myself, even though I know my intention of telling you.
I always thought I was a confident person, I have always been very sure with myself even at my highest weight. But I never loved what I saw in the mirror. I never had THAT kind of confidence and last night showed me a glimpse of the kind of confidence I could gain by becoming a healthier me, which is learning to love who I am, and what I look like. We all have a little bit of vanity in our reasons for losing weight (AND THAT IS OKAY) So don't let anyone make you feel or think differently.

The fact that I have people like all of you to share these types of things with, and that my motivation to keep going is inspired here gives me joy.

Those are my reasons for smiling today. What are yours?

Replies

• tomfrnk5
    tomfrnk5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you Mariah!

I've been working my *kitten* off with the exercise lately, just because it is so Freekin gratifying when I do a workout that, at the start, I don't believe I can finish. Walked/ran 4 miles yesterday, aiming to swim two miles tonight. Even though the weight is coming off slower than I would like, the workouts are growing rapidly, and I am loving the newfound athleticism.

Depending on the next few weeks, I may sign myself up for a triathlon at the end of September. Now, there is no doubt on my mind that I'll be the last to finish, but it will be a great comparison to triathlons I do... Say... 6 months from now, or a year!

So thats what makes me smile. Looking back at my log of workouts from a month and a half ago an seeing "ran 0.1 miles" and "swam 4 laps"!
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mariah that is so awesome and you should be so proud! Way to go! You are definitely more brave than I.

I definitely in no condition to do a triathalon in the near future but good on you tomfrnk5 for having the ambition and motivation to do one! That's fantastic!

My excitement for the day is that I get Friday off and it's a long weekend to boot, so no work for 4 days! I know it's not weight related but I'm really stoked about it anyway. Hope everyone is having a great week :bigsmile:
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Smiles all around for everyone's good days and happiness!

My smile for the day was when the school I was subbing for called an early dismissal for heat- full pay for a shorter day! Yay!

Random thing, but I also felt really good to be helping the school office with some data entry during some free time today- it makes me feel super useful.

AND the school secretary said I always wear cute clothes and shoes! Good day to be a substitute!
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    I love this day, getting to see why everyone is smiling! You guys are all doing great!

Today is my weigh in day, and I lost 1 lb, so that is defintiely something I'm smiling about... However, I think I'm getting sick and feel awful, so my smile isn't so smily today! lol I did at least try and go workout, and my usual hour or longer workout was cut short for only 25 min, my chest was hurting and burning so bad, and I couldn't breathe at all!!! Hopefully I will feel better soon!

Everyone have a great rest of the week and weekend! A long weekend is another reason to smile!
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm a little late on posting this.....

My reason to smile is that I just met my first mini-goal! I had a goal to have 15 pounds lost before September 8th because I am going to a concert that day! Well, I just weighed in and I have lost 15.5 pounds and the concert is still 8 days away!!! And.....I can now fit into an old pair of jeans that are TWO sizes smaller than the size I've been wearing for a few years!!!!
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am smiling because I finally get 3 entire days ALL TO MYSELF
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a few days late, but I am smiling today because as I sit here with my tablet I realized I have to hold it as my "belly shelf" is not really there anymore. And this after huffing my way up a major hill trail at 7am on a Saturday morning in the pouring rain. :) I smile because I did not make excuses to stay in my nice, warm bed.