5'11 180 pounds

Options
melinda200208
melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
Well, I've been working out for the last 3 weeks but didn't change my eating habit. Yesterday I bought a juicer. I am planning on having a fruit juice in the mornings after I work out, then a small snack, then my lunch, another small snack, and then a vegetable juice when I get home. I am hoping this will work for me. I am 5'11 and 180 lbs. I dont eat a lot of fruits/veggies so I think this juicer will be good for me. I am mostly concerned about my stomach....I would like to lose some weight in my stomach and tone it up. I would be more than happy losing 10 pounds. We'll see. I am just hoping I can stick with the healthy eating. I already have the working out set in my schedule. Our gym is right next my work. So, after I work out, I walk across the street to my work and shower there. It works perfect.

Replies

• AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I bought a juicer a few months ago and I love it. Not only do you get great juice from it, but you can also use it to make homemade salad dressings.

I'm also 5'11" and my goal weight for now is 170. Currently at 201, I've got a ways to go. I think you will definitely see a difference with the juicer, but it sounds like your calories will be really low, so just be careful your body doesn't start thinking you're starving yourself.

That's great that you have a gym right next door to your work. Keep up the good work!
  • JordanandJacque
    JordanandJacque Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" also and started at 174. I currently weight 162. I am trying to get down to 157. I haven't done anything extreme to lose my weight though. In fact, from the very beginning I said this was going to be a lifestyle change, so that's why it has taken me four months to lost just 12 pounds. It's come off slowly, but I know it will stay off. Juicing sounds really good, but I just know for myself I would never be able to stick with it. I just plan my day ahead of schedule, so I know what I will be eating. That way when I am hungry I won't go to the junk first. I just look at my food plan for that day. Good luck on the juicing!!
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal is 190, I may go down to 185-180. I'll see how I like it when I get there. ;) it all depends on each person and their body frame. I honestly LOOVE my curves. In the past I was always happy around 185-190. Good luck to all in their goals ;)
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I think I would be so happy at 180 pounds that I would fart glitter. Then again, I've never been there, so I really have no concept of what I would look like.

Good luck to you.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't own a juicer, but I have made a few great smoothies (both with and without dairy) in my Oyster Beverage Blender.

My favourite morning wake-up drink as been a mixture of fresh spinach, 1/2 of an orange, a small banana, flax, and ice.