Challenges

Options
SimonLock
SimonLock Posts: 12 Member
As many of you will have seen, we launched a spreadsheet yesterday which allows you to enter your starting and target weight, and then your weights each fortnight as the challenge progresses. At the time of writing we have 58 people on the spreadsheet already, which is great to see.

As you should now know, the first challenge (starting on the 1st of September and finishing on the 7th) is to drink 8 glasses of water per day.

On the same Google Docs document as the weights spreadsheet (link below for those of you who have not yet seen it), there is a second sheet at the bottom called 'Challenges'. Clicking this brings up the form for you to fill in whether or not you have succeeded each day.

After inputting your name, there is a column for each day of the week. Put a 1 in the box if you succeed on that day, or put a 0 if you don't quite manage it. At the end of the week, the spreadsheet will calculate a score out of 10 for this week's challenge.

You will notice that there is a 'TEAM SCORE' box. In here will be the average score out of 10 achieved by everybody. This means that your success is not just for yourself, but also counts towards the score of the overall team. Let's try to get the team score as high as we can.

Any questions, just ask.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami3FDc4piJDdExZV2Fub21vRUMwU0pZalJHb0FnMkE#gid=0

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Charlottina and yourself have made this a VERY fun and organized group/challenge already! Thanks to both of you for all the time and energy you've put into this! :)
  • bkw2010
    bkw2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you so much!!!
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    That is neat! And a great idea!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I agree! Thank you!! I know it's alot of work putting together something like this. I appreciate it!
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am TRULY thankful to both of you for this awesome group & spreadsheet :p
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a great challenge...especially with the awesome spreadsheet...can't wait!
  • essencemccallny
    Options
    Did anyone have a problem with the link? Every time I try to enter it it says invalid :cry: Help!
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Thank you so much for setting this all up for us!! :)
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of the spreadsheet and I appreciate all the thought and effort that went into this. Thanks!
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    this is awesome!!! Updated my information :) thanks for taking the time to do this ladies
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I drank 10 glasses of water yesterday
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Essence:

Make sure you're copying and pasting this entire string:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami3FDc4piJDdExZV2Fub21vRUMwU0pZalJHb0FnMkE#gid=0

If you still can't get through, you may have some kind of firewall blocking your access.

Barb
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really excited - thanks for allowing me to be part of this! :happy:
  • essencemccallny
    Options
    Thanks B_mindful I got it! :happy:
  • Baila518
    Baila518 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing creating such a wonderfully organized, supportful group. I love the spreadsheet and the team effort involved in making us all have sucess in our personal journey without being alone on the ride. I AM SO HAPPY to be a part of this. I feel really confident about it!!
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great group. Looking forward to sticking with it.

Where will the weekly challenges be issued? With so many members, the discussion board is going to be busy and I don't have time to dig and dig each week. Could we maybe add the description of the challenge in the spreadsheet in row 4 perhaps?

Anyone with issues loading the spreadsheet can try this link (shorter URLs are easier to copy/paste)

http://tinyurl.com/8tyxmuv

John
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    wow! What an amazing and organized idea, love it :]
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Might be a good idea to make the new weekly challenge a sticky..
  • hlinn01
    Options
    Excellent work on the spreadsheet. I am completely computer illiterate, and I was able to figure it out. I thank you for making it so easy to do.