Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome to the Christmas Challenge

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    My first Challenge group :)

Can't wait to start and succeed!

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Kath888
    Kath888 Posts: 17
    I am so ready for this. It will be nice to be in a group that wants the same thing as myself.
  • Starting the Sept 30DS Challenge tomorrow but looking for a longer challenge so this sounds great to me, I'm in! Finding the motivation has always been a struggle for me so I'm looking forward to the motivation of you all and being able to provide it to other in return. :)
  • PearGum
    PearGum Posts: 5
    This is exciting. I am glad to be part of this group. :)

We will do amazing!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Can't wait!!! Just having the word Christmas in the group name makes it "fun"!!!:happy:
  • Jazznation901
    Jazznation901 Posts: 6 Member
    This is my first challenge! Yay!
  • niemand88f
    niemand88f Posts: 9 Member
    Good challenge idea, I would like to be well on the way to my goal weight before I see my family at Christmas. Feel free to add me :)
  • mrswardy88
    mrswardy88 Posts: 13 Member
    During the fall and winter I tend to pack on the pounds. And I get annoyed with the beginning of the new year, getting healthier is being promoted as a new years resolution, then the spring you have to have a summer ready body. No I want to CONTINUE being healthy so I don't have a crunch time for the body i want. So yeah I'm joining!
  • pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 158 Member
    Really looking forward to this challenge! Christmas here we come!
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    I will be doing a mish mosh of activities throughout the challenge because I get bored quickly. Here are some of the things I will be doing:

Bob Harper Kettlebell Cardio Shred (LOVE!!! better than JM30DS)
    Elliptical
    Treadmill
    Walk/Run
    100's workout - see below

100 Jumping Jacks (Wide arms- works chest)
    90 Crunches
    80 Squats (With or without weights)
    70 Leg Lifts (Floor and/or Hanging)
    60 Jumping Jacks (Wide arms- works chest)
    50 Crunches
    40 Squats (With or without weights)
    30 Leg Lifts (Floor and/or Hanging)
    20 Jumping Jacks (Wide arms- works chest)
    10 Minute Walk/Run/Jog (any cardio...run in place...NO EXCUSES)
    Take 5 Stretch and Breathe!

• Floor and hanging leg lifts can be done using a 5lb medicine ball for more advanced workout.
    • Don't use too heavy a weight when doing weighted squats. Back should remain erect and knees don't go over toes. Too heavy a weight compromises form which causes injury.
    • Wide arm jacks - hold your palms out facing forward instead of overhead jacks. Engages your chest for an added bonus.
    • ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep your core tight!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    this looks awesome!! add me :)
  • Let's do this!! :wink:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    I'm raring to go -Wanna try and burn 2lb per week for the period - thats 1000 cals per day total deficit - should be possible with a lot of hard work and watching what to eat. I'm planning to add people as well. Please don't be afraid not to accept though as I know we all do this differently. I think integrating ourselves in the group can and will really help motivate us. 3 months to make a big impact on our lives for now and for the future - we can do it :-)
  • grammiejul
    grammiejul Posts: 68 Member
    Hi everyone! I am beyond excited and raring to go! This is my first challenge too and I am really looking forward to it! Nothing much better than having others to cheer on and cheer you on!
  • Looking forward to this challenge! I am new here....today is my first day to a healthier me!
  • Excited to challenge myself, and excited to have a group of people to do this with =)
  • sayavel
    sayavel Posts: 10
    I just barely joined myfitnesspal to keep track of food/exercise and use the blog space for tracking my journey to health and wellbeing. I thought this would be a supportive group as well because it gives me a goal to shoot for, and Christmas is a good target point! If I don't post often don't think I have given up because I won't. Thanks for this group to join. Add me to your friend list. I am only using my PC because I only have a Nook Tablet and the app is not on it. No IPad or IPhone yet here.
    :flowerforyou:
  • I'm going overseas next year and that's got me revved up to be serious about my fitness. Here's to the first 90 days .
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Hi please add me everyone :) ready for a new challenge!
  • I'm in! I can't wait to look hot in all the holiday pictures!!