new member - chronic migraines, TMJ - anyone else?

Options
Hello, I'm new to MFP and this group. I don't have quite as debilitating chronic pain as most of you, but I have suffered with chronic migraines and TMJ for most of my life. Right now I have gotten down to one about every 1-2 weeks which is the best it has ever been. So while my pain is not 'all the time', it always comes back and is incapacitating when I have it.
I look forward to chatting and hopefully can help and be helped by the rest of you.
-Meg

Replies

• queueplay
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too, and also suffer from migraines. I cope mostly with a combo of meds (maxalt under-the-tongue), growling at the aggravation, trying not to growl at people helping me, giving myself permission to be mostly non-functional, and letting everyone nearby know how much I appreciate their help and tolerance once I am human again. Mine range from 3 days every week to "I haven't had one lately, have I?"

Good luck!
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm on perma migraine at the mo. well over 2 months now. Ack! I was on pizotifen but it made me gain loads of weight and stopped working. Then I tried amitriptyline which did nothing whatsoever.

I'm going back to my doctor next week. Fingers crossed!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I get migraines too.... im on Sumatriptan, mine seem to be mainly hormone related, i get one biggie just before im due, one at the end of my cycle, and one mid cycle (egg releasing time i call it!)

so frustrating and annoying, sometimes i do wonder whether its the migraines causeing the vomitting and nausea or its the damn tablets!!