Welcome to the Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• Pickyfingers
    Options
    Just restarted MFP this week and going on holiday for Christmas, first time ever away at Christmas, this is just what I need, please add me, thanks :smile:
  • dawnM3007
    Options
    Hey! Really looking forward to this challenge and all of us supporting each other! I've had a really rubbish month or so and I'm really looking forward to getting motivated and working out again :-)
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Really looking forward to the challenge! Christmas is around the corner. Feel free to add me!
  • Michael520
    Options
    Went to see Kansas, Boston, and April Wine in an outdoor concert last night and experiencing the remnants of Hurricane Isaac. It was like watching a concert while standing in the shower....awesome!! :-)
    Great to be a part of the challenge...and hope I get a good running start.
    Need to drink that water!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Bopper:

I just finished the 2nd of 4 workouts with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I think I will do the 2nd workout one more week before going on to the 3rd workout. It has been amazing to me how quickly I saw results. I have not exercised seriously for years. I saw results from this DVD by the third day of the first week. It has kept me motivated. I love it. I was concerned that I might not be able to do it because I'm 56 years old. But I have pushed myself and it has been so satisfying. I actually meant to buy 30 Day Shred because a co-worker was using it and having good results but I picked up the wrong one. A happy accident I guess.

I plan on starting I hope on Monday if hubby will leave me alone! I have been working out for over 30 years consistently so I am not sure I will see any change as my body is used to working out. I used to teach classes too which was really fun. I finished Shred but didn't lose anything. I only wanted to lose 5 pounds but I think I am at my "Happy Weight" so to speak. Still stronger though after doing shred. Glad you are seeing results, that is awesome and motivating. I plan on alternating RI30 with biking and walking so it will take me longer to get through it but I can't not bike as I love it. Keep going!
  • Dentfoudy
    Options
    WooohOoOwW this groups meets my expectations on my ¨christmas project¨hehehe... goal is to lose 18Kg by christmas 2012, started the project on 22/8/2012 and till now 17Kg to go... we MUST do it guys...Keep it up
  • lprictoe
    Options
    This challenge sounds perfect for me! My son just went to college and I won't see him until December 14th. Won't it be a nice surprise if his mom looks so much better? Fall is a great time to start because weather is perfect for being outside (away from the fridge) and having fun. Let's go people!:smile:
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! December 15th is the first day of Christmas break for me (finals end on the 14th), so I'm already counting down to that day anyway! I'd love to look better in Christmas/family pics this year than I did last year. =)
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just finished Biking 11.60 Miles!!!!!!!!!
  • olliethecat
    olliethecat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in. this will be my first challenge and I will be on holiday in Mallorca on the 15th September but I will find a way to log in...there will be an internet cafe nearby, I'm sure. :happy:
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Hi everyone! So happy to have you all! So you know-- I DO go through and read EVERY post. I appreciate all the enthusiasm and excitement for this challenge, it's wonderful!!!

--Photos are NOT required but CAN be used on the check-in dates (Sep 15th, Oct 15th, Nov 15th, Dec 15th)
    Photos are a GREAT way to really SEE your results, so if you can do a before & after, I suggest it!

--Measurements are not a requirement but HIGHLY recommended. If you decide to do so please add them on the check-in dates. This is also a great way to see your results. Sometimes the scale does not move right away but your measurements do!

I will be closing the group on a select date (not sure yet). I want everyone who wants to join to be able to-- but I also want to be able to really keep track of everyone and give a fair amount of motivation to each and every one of you!

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS AS FAR AS WORKOUT ROUTINES AND MEAL PLANS ETC. FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME! I HAVE HAD A HIGH AMOUNT OF MESSAGES SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME :)
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Just finished Biking 11.60 Miles!!!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENT!! You GO GO GO ~
  • irishdes
    irishdes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My first challenge, very excited... Whoo Hooo Lets do this!!
  • dazzer29
    Options
    Know I have to lose weight - the first few days I've been logging what I eat and scared myself into action so this challenge is perfect for me. Aiming to lose a fair bit (lots to lose) by Christmas and beyond so will be good to get (and give) the motivation that comes from being in a group. Just back from the gym so there's a start!
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    PLEASE READ:

As someone that fought eating disorders in the past-- I will not SUPPORT eating disorders in this group/on my personal page. This group is for individuals setting healthy goals for themselves.. Please take NO OFFENSE TO THIS.

If you do have an eating disorder and you are now trying to make some life changes, please feel free to message me!
    I will support those trying to make that change as I know it is not easy and support is necessary. I will always advise seeking
    professional help as well. Love you all!
  • queenie94506
    queenie94506 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first MFP group and just learning how to post stuff. I am eager for this challenge and looking forward to Sept. 15th!
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Just (literally) started a 30 day challenge with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred so this is great! It will definitely keep me motivated to keep going and lose weight by Christmas! Thank you for starting this!
  • Nownourish
    Nownourish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for organising this :smile: Let's do it! and here's to all of us reaching our goals :smile:
  • claire47
    claire47 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to start this challenge, so much so i've made a mini challenge for myself to lose 3-4lb before it starts, feeling motivated!
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just joined, want to reach my goal by Dec 15th!!!